• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

The issue isn't posting an insult regarding the RS or their manager it is about having a bit of respect for the victims of a serial killer.

The same thing regarding pictures of a paedophile. There will be victims of sexual abuse who will have clicked on this thread only to be confronted with an image of a prolific paedophile, who damaged the lives of hundreds of innocent people.

It is the thought process that thinks that it is okay to do that because it promotes a bit of hatred towards the RS. For some people that seems to trump any questions regarding morality or decency.

I am not promoting hatred of anyone, in particular the rs - why do you see that from my posts?! I'm taking the Mick/ribbing/poking fun at our friends from over the park, and nothing more.

I cannot help the fact that Klopp looks very much like Dr Shipman, the spitting image of him if in honest, so my remark, albeit a little silly, had no such connotations as to what you are implying or was intended to denigrate his victims and most people won't have seen it the way you have imo.

Why wouldn't we use a picture of Jimmy saville wearing a Liverpool top, on a thread that is taking the piss out of kopites?!

We are not celebrating his life or actions, which were deplorable, or denigrating his victims or the victims of sexual abuse in any way - we are simply highlighting his love for the rs, and personally I find it fitting that he supported them?

Your remarks about people of the Jewish faith carry much more serious connotations, than me calling klopp a stupid name because he looks like a serial killer or us posting images of kopite saville, and you are in no position to challenge or take the moral high ground with any of us.

I am not promoting hatred of anyone, in particular the rs - why do you see that from my posts?! I'm taking the Mick/ribbing/poking fun at our friends from over the park, and nothing more.

I cannot help the fact that Klopp looks very much like Dr Shipman, the spitting image of him if in honest, so my remark, albeit a little silly, had no such connotations as to what you are implying or was intended to denigrate his victims and most people won't have seen it the way you have imo.

Why wouldn't we use a picture of Jimmy saville wearing a Liverpool top, on a thread that is taking the piss out of kopites?!

We are not celebrating his life or actions, which were deplorable, or denigrating his victims or the victims of sexual abuse in any way - we are simply highlighting his love for the rs, and personally I find it fitting that he supported them?

Your remarks about people of the Jewish faith carry much more serious connotations, than me calling klopp a stupid name because he looks like a serial killer or us posting images of kopite saville, and you are in no position to challenge or take the moral high ground with any of us.

If anything it is whitewashing history to never speak of abusers again, or acknowledge the connections they had. Thats what contributes to abuse. They deserve to have a light shined on them.

If anything it is whitewashing history to never speak of abusers again, or acknowledge the connections they had. Thats what contributes to abuse. They deserve to have a light shined on them.

Spot on - it's like the Hysel airbrush and that lot never wanting to acknowledge or speak about that atrocity - the leaps of logic from this guy are insane.

The sexual tension in here is unreal. The natural conclusion of this rather odd 'debate' is some form of weird dominatrix fantasy featuring @gwladysnight dressed in a nazi uniform doing unspeakable things to a Liverpool FC kit clad @catcherintherye

Just get it over and done with fellas. Then we can get back to laughing at grown men celebrating titles by giving card board cut outs a beer.

The issue isn't posting an insult regarding the RS or their manager it is about having a bit of respect for the victims of a serial killer.

The same thing regarding pictures of a paedophile. There will be victims of sexual abuse who will have clicked on this thread only to be confronted with an image of a prolific paedophile, who damaged the lives of hundreds of innocent people.

It is the thought process that thinks that it is okay to do that because it promotes a bit of hatred towards the RS. For some people that seems to trump any questions regarding morality or decency.
Jeezus mate in every bit of media these days there are stories about paedophiles - if you didn't know better about click bait you'd think that practically every man was a paedo or rapist.
And you're worried sineone might be upset because someone here posted a pic of Jimmy Saville in a rs shirt?

Don't read the papers! You'll break down!

I'd argue that its more likely that Rees-Mogg has the mental health issue. He's a high flying sociopathic tory, with little knowledge of or desire to learn of the things that matter of the majority of other humans on the planet. I'd say that was a mental issue.

Suarez was a temper ridden cannibal and cheat. Thatcher? No words needed - and sociopath doesn't seem strong enough. So again they have mental health issues, two are regularly voted for by Express and Mail sheep and another was adored and venerated by the universally hated and socially unaware football thug sSuarupporters of a sociopathic football club.

So come on the list is shrinking ... who is it OK to take the mick out of in your humourless, staid, morally perfect world?

Yes, some really really good points there, for me Rees-Mogg has thrown himself into the public eye and therefore is absolutely fairgame (not sure it's fair to have a go at his kids), as with Thatcher and Suarez, but I don't think it is fair to put a general member of the public up on Social media or forums to mock their appearance on emotional state.

Yes, some really really good points there, for me Rees-Mogg has thrown himself into the public eye and therefore is absolutely fairgame (not sure it's fair to have a go at his kids), as with Thatcher and Suarez, but I don't think it is fair to put a general member of the public up on Social media or forums to mock their appearance on emotional state.
Interesting point this one. I find the more obviously taken sneakily pics or videos a bit uncomfortable. But some of the stuff posted on twitter and YouTube by the individuals themselves is more fair game. But there are ethical grey areas doing that.

What am I doing? I'm worrying about laughing at cardboard cutout man now, ffs. Am I going to hell?

I can see your point - but this is a niche football forum - its not as if its news at 10 and its in the full face of public. The only people who will be upset are rs fans, and given the misery they've unrepentantly handed out to others as a collective for decades I call fair game

The sexual tension in here is unreal. The natural conclusion of this rather odd 'debate' is some form of weird dominatrix fantasy featuring @gwladysnight dressed in a nazi uniform doing unspeakable things to a Liverpool FC kit clad @catcherintherye

Just get it over and done with fellas. Then we can get back to laughing at grown men celebrating titles by giving card board cut outs a beer.
Which one of @gwladysnight and @catcherintherye is Carlos and which one is Sassy?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back