• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I made the mistake of looking at that Gerrard documentary on prime yesterday - just wondering whether it mentioned his Everton supporting childhood and to have a good chuckle (it didn't...airbrushed, as I expected).

I was howling though at Gerrard's mumbled monologue at the start where he says - to the backdrop of scenes from Liverpool life - "I knew early on that I would play professional football; but most of all I wanted to play football for my people".

You're from Whiston you 'kin box headed freak. "My People".

Hilarious.

What is it with the media that they turn interesting events unto stuff about people? If it was "sports person of the year" it would be cut and dry - achievement and honest sporting values of fair play. Hendjar-jar-binks wouldn't get a look in skippering a team of cheats to a trophy that means nothing.

Then the bbc do their drama school crap and call it 'personality' instead of person - meaning they can mangle the definition of award to whomsoever they want vaguely connected with sport. Utterly meaningkess overhyped programme I haven't watched since I were a child.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this Sports Personality debate is the fact that there is a Team Of The Year award. We KNOW they are certain to get that. So Hooray Hendo gets to lead the chaps up there when that gets presented. He's had his moment, as have the rest of the Bash Street Kids. Shouldn't be getting the individual award just for being captain as well.

Is jota injured now? Surely not, they had 5 subs to use in europe and started him in a dead rubber game, hope he is injured just to see who Klopp blames for that one

Some say he is out for the season. Ligament damage.

This is great news! And if anyone wants to come on here wringing their hands about how we should never wish injury on the poor little mites, bite me. :cheers:

Never liked that pisswasser erdinger, now I know why.

See Herr shipman now crying about the var decisions taking too long, and his poor boys were getting cold on Wednesday night?

Shame you had to play the majority of your best 11 in a dead rubber, meaningless game isn't it mate - you could have left little diving mo, cheating mane and the tranny back home, snug and warm but you had to play them, so stfu you gobshite!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back