• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

henderson out for the rest of the season. Draw a line through them getting top 4; I suspect they will finish outside the Europa league now.

This might be a controversial view, but I actually thought they improved when Henderson went off. But I get your wider point totally.

What would really worry me if I supported them, is these injuries are now getting repititive for players, and they are not of an age where they get over them, Remember Mirallas, pinged a hamstring and was really never the same player again. If it's 3 months it's obviously a serious tear, that occurred when he tried to carry the ball forward.

What the consequence would be, is either it will go again the next time he tries to run forward at pace, or he will just look to avoid doing that for fear of it pinging again (when muscles tear, unlike bone they tend to recover weaker, with scar tissue, especially bad tears). It's like Delph with us, once he started getting injured, it just becomes repetitive. I doubt he is going to be able to play at the top level again for any period of time.

They seem to have a number of players like that now. I'll keep saying this, but he just hasn't rotated his squad well enough. They seem to come in and he sticks with the same 11 until the player breaks down. You should be aiming to rotate before you hit the crisis point of a major injury, epecially with older or more injury prone players.

Mark my words, Keita will have a good sub appeareances, be thrown into starting games, then start every game, be overused, then break down again.

I think every summer they've said we are going to go bust, yet every summer we spend healthily. Surely you just learn you've got it wrong? I'm not sure how much more obvious it could be that a seriously wealthy man/group with a serious desire to spend to get Everton to the top has taken over Everton.

Credit to Brands for keeping us just on the legal side of FFP. There’s been a few very clever deals in there that have helped massage the books. Onyekeru arriving (under Walsh) and then being sold at a profit without playing a game. James arriving on a free. Moise Kean probably to be sold. The incredible number of players on loan all taking wages off the books. Once Brands has wriggled us out of this FFP hole that Koeman/Walsh created and there is legitimate value in the squad plus European revenue we may well are spending that will make their heads fall off.

Credit to Brands for keeping us just on the legal side of FFP. There’s been a few very clever deals in there that have helped massage the books. Onyekeru arriving (under Walsh) and then being sold at a profit without playing a game. James arriving on a free. Moise Kean probably to be sold. The incredible number of players on loan all taking wages off the books. Once Brands has wriggled us out of this FFP hole that Koeman/Walsh created and there is legitimate value in the squad plus European revenue we may well are spending that will make their heads fall off.

Thats it really. If we get Europe this year, honestly wouldn't be surprised if there is an uplift in all sponsorships (especiually the USM ones) which will automatically increase. European revenue, from our position will be very useful too, and give us much more wriggle room.

I can't wait for them to point out the injustice of being denied a spot in the European Cup by the actions of other teams.

Imagine the fume if it's Chelsea in 4th and them in 5th and we can point out it was Chelsea wot did it. (We'd be second or third in the ideal scenario as even in dreamland we're not overtaking City!)
Better case.. us 3rd, liverpool 4th Chelsea 5th but win the champions league, and Liverpool miss out on the Champions league because of the rule that came in when they demanded the rule was changed to benefit them.

Better case.. us 3rd, liverpool 4th Chelsea 5th but win the champions league, and Liverpool miss out on the Champions league because of the rule that came in when they demanded the rule was changed to benefit them.
Is that how it works now (don't pay much attention to CL)? I remember the shenanigans at the time, and the cryarsing. That would boil their piss for all time lol

95% of Liverpool's injuries are down to Klopp and not opposing players injuring them.
Its only a matter of time before one of the front 3 break down soon.

I don’t know why they can’t see it. It’s been absolutely inhumane. Every other team in the league has had to manage their squads through just the normal league season. James can barely make two games in a row for us. All of the back line are getting routinely rotated. It’s only Docuoure who has been overused I would say. Yet Klopp has flogged the same group of players every single game, even against Villa’s kids! Tsimikas and Neco Williams have barely played. He rested some of the front three once against Burnley. Henderson and Fabinho play every game they’re fit. He’s just driven them into the ground for three seasons in a row. It’s a miracle the fullbacks and front three are still able to run (although Firmino looks broken now). It would be no surprise to see one of them break down with an injury also because Klopp has chased points over player welfare as usual.

Cracking read this if you're bored
Not bored enough to read it all, but I got the gist...
78% - every whinge and excuse you can think of
15% - some right off the wall stuff no sane person could make up
2% - we were never going to score if we played all night...but it should've only been 0-1
And last but not least
5% - Putting the blame on Klopp for running the team into the ground

Not bored enough to read it all, but I got the gist...
78% - every whinge and excuse you can think of
15% - some right off the wall stuff no sane person could make up
2% - we were never going to score if we played all night...but it should've only been 0-1
And last but not least
5% - Putting the blame on Klopp for running the team into the ground

So basically 1 in 20 has a modicum of common sense. I'm pretty sure I remember that 1=20 somewhere before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back