• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Never really understood this ‘My centreback’ stuff. I’ve never heard a single Evertonian use that phrase. A lot of ‘Everton’s number 9’ or ‘our left back is better than your left back’, but never ‘MY manager, MY striker’ etc. Very weird. The AFTV lot do it too ‘Aubemayang is my striker’. Seems to be a trait of utterly self obsessed fan bases.

Dont actually think Henderson is a decent footballer as in he wouldn’t help them break down stubborn defences whether he played in midfield or not. What he does seem to do is set the intensity for their team along with Mane, so if he is out and someone like Keita comes in and starts swanning about with Thiago in the middle then hopefully that means the top European teams will dominate them and it should be season over (although you can never write that lot off every in that comp)

I don’t know why they can’t see it. It’s been absolutely inhumane. Every other team in the league has had to manage their squads through just the normal league season. James can barely make two games in a row for us. All of the back line are getting routinely rotated. It’s only Docuoure who has been overused I would say. Yet Klopp has flogged the same group of players every single game, even against Villa’s kids! Tsimikas and Neco Williams have barely played. He rested some of the front three once against Burnley. Henderson and Fabinho play every game they’re fit. He’s just driven them into the ground for three seasons in a row. It’s a miracle the fullbacks and front three are still able to run (although Firmino looks broken now). It would be no surprise to see one of them break down with an injury also because Klopp has chased points over player welfare as usual.
He didn't need to do that, they could've easily rotate a full back and one of the front 3 and still get the 3 points against most teams in this league.
They will never be the same as they have been for the last couple of years, even if everyone is fit again, Its unsustainable.

They seem to think once VVD is back and a couple more they can play the same team and off they go steamrolling teams again. Not happening these players have passed their peak.

It was pretty obvious Henderson was in no fit state to carry on Saturday.

Coming back on to 'run it off' was a great idea. He just stood stretching during the game for a few minutes!

He shouldn't go to the Euro's now. He'll be picked though.

I think Robertson and Mane will suffer similar injuries soon. The way they've sprinted through 90 minute games non stop for 3 seasons. They are noticeably slower this season already. The majority of that squad have seen their best days regardless of age.

With every game that passes as well the value of the squad is plummeting. Who would buy any of the front three for mega money now? No one has any money to spend and if they did it definitely wouldn’t be going on any of them. VVD’s injury has wiped a load off his asset price, same with Gomez. Alexander Arnold has gone from the most valuable player in world football behind Mbappe to one of the weakest right backs in the premier league who can’t defend. No top club is touching him now.

Their only saleable assets in my view that a top club with money (PSG, City, Madrid, Bayern) are Allison Fabinho and maybe Robertson. Everyone else is either not good enough, the wrong age profile, or a crock no one will want to touch. FSG are sitting on a squad that is decaying rapidly in value as every single game goes by and their performance in the summer and January suggests they have no capital to make a fresh injection. They need sales and there’s hardly anyone to sell.

Theres no rational thought over there as to their injury addled season. Just lash out and blithely blame, chiefly us.. then referees and VAR... oh and disguise their lamentable performances on the wind that only seemingly affects them on the pitch... the list goes on. But while Klopp is churning out the same old unintelligible post match gargle like a German barrel-organ player, the simple fact remains that his side is burnt out. It will also continue to do so whilst he wont admit to that lest he be blamed for his lack of constructive rotation and the geggenpress now being defunct.

Tumbling Pic.webp

This might be a controversial view, but I actually thought they improved when Henderson went off. But I get your wider point totally.

What would really worry me if I supported them, is these injuries are now getting repititive for players, and they are not of an age where they get over them, Remember Mirallas, pinged a hamstring and was really never the same player again. If it's 3 months it's obviously a serious tear, that occurred when he tried to carry the ball forward.

What the consequence would be, is either it will go again the next time he tries to run forward at pace, or he will just look to avoid doing that for fear of it pinging again (when muscles tear, unlike bone they tend to recover weaker, with scar tissue, especially bad tears). It's like Delph with us, once he started getting injured, it just becomes repetitive. I doubt he is going to be able to play at the top level again for any period of time.

They seem to have a number of players like that now. I'll keep saying this, but he just hasn't rotated his squad well enough. They seem to come in and he sticks with the same 11 until the player breaks down. You should be aiming to rotate before you hit the crisis point of a major injury, epecially with older or more injury prone players.

Mark my words, Keita will have a good sub appeareances, be thrown into starting games, then start every game, be overused, then break down again.

yep - you are spot in re injuries, I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of it, but they would argue they have been at bare bones a few times. It is one hell of a list when you consider their decision to use Henderson and fabinho as centre backs as cover, it's robbing peter to pay paul.

Re keita - your probably right; same with Milner, who will be flogged again

yep - you are spot in re injuries, I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of it, but they would argue they have been at bare bones a few times. It is one hell of a list when you consider their decision to use Henderson and fabinho as centre backs as cover, it's robbing peter to pay paul.

Re keita - your probably right; same with Milner, who will be flogged again

They have been short. But at times this season, like on Saturday he has 3 senior cb's on the bench/not involved, but continues flogging Henderson.

He needs to work out whats the priority, trying to secure top 4 or having a dart at the CL, and rest accordingly.

A big thing that is being shown up to me, is their bench options just aren't good enough. Which when you consider they have a wage bill that is in the top 5 of football history really isn't good enough.

I don't mean to be massively wise after the event, but I predicted this at the start of the season, and I also specifially said in the autumn the injury situation would just deterioriate from hereon in. It has done. Why Klopp played full strengths teams in a weak as p1ss group in the CL is beyond me. Just utter stupidity, and I could understand why FSG would be thinking he's managed this season absymally.

"Ref's performance summed up in the last 30 seconds. Allowing an Everton free kick for offside to be taken 4 yards inside our half.

We didn't deserve anything, but we didn't deserve to lose either. We're cack but Everton are atrocious."
"56 Mo is brought down on the edge of the box by Digne, arm clearly around him, but no FK."
"80 Penalty Everton. Ref says that Trent tugged down Calvert Lewin. It’s a joke decision, hasn’t touched him"

"Go back to the Salah incident when there was a clear hand on him, then this get's given. The ref's judge our games totally different to everyone else's."
"81 2-0. It’s cheating essentially. VAR told the ref to go and look, he went and didn’t even look at the evidence. How much longer Jurgen is willing to accept these farcical decisions is beyond me. It’s an absolute embarrassment for officiating in this country. We’ve had some awful decisions go against us this season, but that might be the absolute worst. It’s a scandal.
88 Sadio down but nothing given. Not enough contact for a penalty, but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.
FT 0-2. Two things we already knew have played out today; 1. Something isn’t right in our squad at the moment. 2. Crooked officiating against us isn’t being hidden, it’s in fact being encouraged."

Some crackers by those deluded clowns on rawk.

Credit to Brands for keeping us just on the legal side of FFP. There’s been a few very clever deals in there that have helped massage the books. Onyekeru arriving (under Walsh) and then being sold at a profit without playing a game. James arriving on a free. Moise Kean probably to be sold. The incredible number of players on loan all taking wages off the books. Once Brands has wriggled us out of this FFP hole that Koeman/Walsh created and there is legitimate value in the squad plus European revenue we may well are spending that will make their heads fall off.
Kean will be key, hopefully he'll keep slotting only driving his price up..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back