• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I believe the bile is still pouring forth about Saturday night on their Forum. Apparently, Everton "beat the most depleted Liverpool side they could have met this season". Doesnt say much for their stars on display then does it.. "the worlds best full backs/strikers" etc.
Funny to see them make all the excuses. Bring up the past. Just generally fewming. Trying to take anything they can away from it from all angles.

Like if it was the other way around id just say ' fare play to them. We had our run. Here's to a more competitive derby.

They are full of venom.

Like we are the best side on Merseyside as of now so just take it gracefully chaps.

Funny to see them make all the excuses. Bring up the past. Just generally fewming. Trying to take anything they can away from it from all angles.

Like if it was the other way around id just say ' fare play to them. We had our run. Here's to a more competitive derby.

They are full of venom.

Like we are the best side on Merseyside as of now so just take it gracefully chaps.

To paraphrase the words of @Mikey_Fitzgerald, for them to be happy they need Evertonians to be miserable. That’s the top, bottom, left and right of it.

The gap to the top of the table is currently 25. On only 5 occasions in the PL in PL history have they finished further away than that to top spot.

The last few, 2012 they finished 37 points behind and 37 behind in 2005. On the 1st occasion they were 7 years off having a sustained challenge (barring the freakish 2014 season) and in 2005 they were 4 years off having a challenge with a lot of forward moment.
The only other time it was above 30 was in 1994, and again they didn't really have a credible challenge for the title for another 8 years.

Thats where they are at now really. The lead will be at least 30, and in honesty they could break their own 37 point record. You are looking at it being 4-8 years until they are back challenging for the title again. I don't think that it resonating at all with them.

I've seen this brought up a few times, have to say i'm calling it lies and far fetched.

But, professional athletes will get tested numerous times to see if they have asthma. I'm including our own players into that equation.

Every sport is riddled with participants taking PED's.

I agree with the sentiments here Moomin - in terms of the article itself, there are no sources, no facts no quotoes or data. Just some lad who made a claim

If we keep this up, the big question is how do we not end up like self entitled koppites?
Yep time to stop gloating and go back to normal taking the piss and laughing at them...its is a bit hard to see where one stops and the other begins though.
If I had to say though, I reckon most of us are back to just taking the piss again

The gap to the top of the table is currently 25. On only 5 occasions in the PL in PL history have they finished further away than that to top spot.

The last few, 2012 they finished 37 points behind and 37 behind in 2005. On the 1st occasion they were 7 years off having a sustained challenge (barring the freakish 2014 season) and in 2005 they were 4 years off having a challenge with a lot of forward moment.
The only other time it was above 30 was in 1994, and again they didn't really have a credible challenge for the title for another 8 years.

Thats where they are at now really. The lead will be at least 30, and in honesty they could break their own 37 point record. You are looking at it being 4-8 years until they are back challenging for the title again. I don't think that it resonating at all with them.

If could be a gap if they miss out on the CL this season certainly. The mos timorous team thing now is for them to be knocked out of this CL. As soon as they are it’s season over. As long as they’re in it though they have an annoying affinity with it. For example you wouldn’t find anyone who would think Chelsea might win the CL this season, yet they’re arguably a lot better right now than Liverpool,

Just as in cycling the team / club doctor can diagnose an 'illness' and prescribe the required medication.
If that mediaction is is on the prohibited list a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) may be submitted.
As you say it is going on big time. Infact I'd say it was rife in virtually all professional sports.
Yup. I'm sure it was within the England team, that they were trying to diagnose players with subclinical hypothyroidism, so they can get away with prescribing certain metabolism stimulating meds

Yeah, you can't just 'claim' asthma, it would need to be diagnosed so I'm sceptical on the numbers, but no doubt that shenanigans are going on.

Shenanigans is defo at play.

Used to happen with MMA fighters who kept getting their testorone levels tested in the hope one would come back low to get put on TRT.

Whole England team was tested before the 2018 world cup.

It’s mad the swing, look at us, Same points as them, the swing is massive, wasn’t it like 40 or 50 points difference they where bragging about last year

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back