• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

A special kind of Kopite Irony to sing their anthem during the 12th minute applause when you consider what that song is really about isn't it? Shall we tell them it's a lament for a burglar who dies*, yes that's right someone who died.. just like an innocent 12 year old child who was STABBED.

But obviously they will say that their song is for her.. when the rest of the ground won't be singing it any time soon.

*In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, accidentally falls on to his knife whilst trying to run away after attempting a robbery with his mate Jigger and dies in her arms.

Sad ain't it.

One said today it never happened as the TV would have reported it? Then when I pointed out some posts out on Twitter he changed it to they were singing to honour Ava. Unreal.

Most of the press go with 'Fans come together to honour murdered girl' and ignore what the vermin did.
Heard Radio Merseyside interviewing a LCC member praising the unity of both clubs, you start to doubt yourself over what you actually heard last night,they did it during the applause for Cliff Marshall and Ray Kennedy,then again for the applause for Ava,they actually just disgust me, can't behave even for a solitary minute.

Heard Radio Merseyside interviewing a LCC member praising the unity of both clubs, you start to doubt yourself over what you actually heard last night,they did it during the applause for Cliff Marshall and Ray Kennedy,then again for the applause for Ava,they actually just disgust me, can't behave even for a solitary minute.
I was in the Park End I i heard it loud and clear. People started booing them both times they did it. Just no need to do it.

One of their fans got sussed out right in the middle of GT4 and was chucked out by the police during the first half. It was only about 6 rows in front of me, he must not have been able to keep his gob shut.

He only looked in his early 30s but was wearing a flat cap, well until someone swiped it as he was going down the stairs with the cops accompanied by loads of abuse.

The only good thing about being a Toffee, at this minute in time.

Is that we are not THEM!
Evertonians are born, not manufactured.
We do not choose, we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those who don't understand don't matter.

I grew up in the 80s when the rs were winning everything. I wouldn't swap a millisecond of being a Blue for being a part of that cult.

Our catchy phrase 'kopites are gobshites' doesn't even scratch the surface of what narcissistic, bile-spewing, deluded freaks they really are. (Try fitting that into a catchy terrace song).

Evertonians are born, not manufactured.
We do not choose, we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those who don't understand don't matter.

I grew up in the 80s when the rs were winning everything. I wouldn't swap a millisecond of being a Blue for being a part of that cult.

Our catchy phrase 'kopites are gobshites' doesn't even scratch the surface of what narcissistic, bile-spewing, deluded freaks they really are. (Try fitting that into a catchy terrace song).
We won our fair share like!

To be fair mate we are not exactly squeaky clean there we were lashing bottles at there players. So we can’t go at them over flares
Aye, them plastic bottles are just as dangerous as flares...(not condoning either)
I remember Gary Neville getting sent off for booting the ball at a fella sat next to me....I await their keepers ban for booting a bottle into the crowd

Seeing the reactions from them on social media, really does show them up for the lowlife they are. I don't hate all liverpool fans. I have friends who are reds. But quite a substantial element of their fans, are cretins and scum imo. That's an opinion that i apologise to no one for having.

I hate teams in other sports as well, Essendon in the AFL, and the Boston Bruins in the NHL. But while there is a rivalry there, i also respect those teams for being worthy foes and adversaries. That ain't the case with the rs. I don't have a single ounce of respect for that club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back