• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

The only thing that annoyed me about last night (I think we all know that performance was on the cards and I had made my peace with it before kick off) was the commentary.

We know that certain commentators can be biased, certain co-commentators are annoying. Before last night I actually liked Ally McCoist, never overly insightful but was one of the better ones during the Euros, in my opinion.

However, last night was disgusting, up until 20 minutes before I turned it off, anyway. The first goal was a good finish but nothing a half decent top level footballer can do, some more regularly than others, but the the way he went on about it, it should have won the Puskas award 20 times over.

I muted just after he said that the Liverpool full backs had 'redefined' the role for going forward. I guess he never heard of a certain player called Cafu or the 100+ others that have come after and before him.

Just glad they didn't show pictures from the commentary box.

Unfortunately I can see them going top after this weekend. Reckon West Ham will beat Chelsea and Watford will hold City.

Invariably, they'll put 3 or 4 past Wolves.

The only thing that annoyed me about last night (I think we all know that performance was on the cards and I had made my peace with it before kick off) was the commentary.

We know that certain commentators can be biased, certain co-commentators are annoying. Before last night I actually liked Ally McCoist, never overly insightful but was one of the better ones during the Euros, in my opinion.

However, last night was disgusting, up until 20 minutes before I turned it off, anyway. The first goal was a good finish but nothing a half decent top level footballer can do, some more regularly than others, but the the way he went on about it, it should have won the Puskas award 20 times over.

I muted just after he said that the Liverpool full backs had 'redefined' the role for going forward. I guess he never heard of a certain player called Cafu or the 100+ others that have come after and before him.

McCoist was commentating on one of our games on Amazon last season (palace away I think ) and his attitude towards us was weird, maybe big dunc goosed his mrs or something but he has a weird dislike of us that’s for certain.

Was it just me or did the RS choir sound cockney last night?

I don’t know but I’ve just seen a close up of their crowd from last night. At least 10 of them blatantly trying to look/dress like Klopp. Gang of absolute absolute helmets.

Great side - as much as it pains me to say it. A lot of their fans, however, shouldn’t be allowed out without supervision

It's almost like baines and (peak) Coleman never played....
For instance baines against villa where they literally played a one two across the box from each wing to score (iirc)

Unfortunately I can see them going top after this weekend. Reckon West Ham will beat Chelsea and Watford will hold City.

Invariably, they'll put 3 or 4 past Wolves.
Nah, can`t see that treble coming off. They are due a game where they don`t score so why not this one ? Watford concede too many goals so an easy City win there for me and West Ham may get a draw .

The amount of reds that genuinly see nothing wrong in they singing in that 12th min applause should shock me, but it hasn't.
Sad ain't it.

One said today it never happened as the TV would have reported it? Then when I pointed out some posts out on Twitter he changed it to they were singing to honour Ava. Unreal.

Most of the press go with 'Fans come together to honour murdered girl' and ignore what the vermin did.

Sad ain't it.

One said today it never happened as the TV would have reported it? Then when I pointed some posts out on Twitter he changed it to they were singing to honour Ava. Unreal.

They think the song is special to everyone, like its above us all....and the words mean more than any other song....its pure cultish.

Its like going to a funeral and deciding to start singing it while everyone is sat in silence....and then calling those upset, bitter.

Only saving grace is they only have around 30% chance of actually winning it

Despite the referee aided draws they managed to scrape at home to both of them, based on the way Chelsea and City looked a level above them both, in fact 1 level is a bit of injustice, they looked miles ahead of them in there own back yard.

Their chances of winning it are considerably less than 30%.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back