• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Woeful.....

The parade will take place on Sunday, May 29, the day after the Reds’ exploits in the Champions League final.

It will start from 4pm and will be expected to take a number of hours to reach the end of the route.

As the date for the parade falls on the anniversary of the Heysel Stadium disaster, tributes will be paid to the 39 supporters who lost their lives in Brussels in 1985.

This Is Anfield website.

The best way to have a tribute would be not to have a parade on that day. That's not just LFC either. If we were having a parade, I'd be averse to it being on a day of a football disaster. Very odd timing. Hopefully people do the right thing and vote with their feet.

Hodgson, Howe, Moyes, Pardew, Coppell, Rodgers and Wilder have won it this century for not winning anything those seasons.

You may be surprised, but I probably agree with you here.

You can make a case for Pep, probably for Howe, but Klopp has done very well this season. Taken a side from miles away in 4th to the last day of the season, and won the 2 domestic cups on pens. I can understand people saying theres a better candidate, but honestly it's not a ridiculous award at all in my view.

He's said he's a Liverpool fan and loves Klopp and Liverpool were interested. He still stayed in Paris because FSG wouldn't pay what was required. He isn't going to Liverpool anytime in the foreseeable future. Salah on the other hand is going to be more than a bit miffed. This will cost them, either in increased wages for Salah or when he leaves on a free.

Nice try mate

The best way to have a tribute would be not to have a parade on that day. That's not just LFC either. If we were having a parade, I'd be averse to it being on a day of a football disaster. Very odd timing. Hopefully people do the right thing and vote with their feet.
The council should hang their heads in shame also for granting the date.

The rs fans won’t stay away mate, even if they somehow loose on Saturday - it will be as packed as the last one, if not more so, with all the associated trouble that comes from mass gatherings of the loveable reds.

They don’t recognise heysel as a disaster or anything to do with it as their fault, hence the complete disdain in how they handle or treat it, and the denigration and lack of respect they have shown ever since that fateful day.

I will say this again.

Liverpool F.C. refused to play a game on the Hillsborough anniversary.

Liverpool will not play FA Cup semi-final on Hillsborough anniversary

The FA has confirmed Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final will be played on 14 April, ensuring they will not play on the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com

The Liverpool manager, Kenny Dalglish, said on Monday that the club would not play on the anniversary of the disaster. "I don't think it's even worth a line in a paper that we might play on the 15th because we won't," said Dalglish. "We've never played on the 15th before, have we? So there you are. Why would they change now?"

That they would choose to have a parade on the day of a great tragedy their fans precipitated shows the callous indifference they have always displayed over Heysel.

LFC….rotten to the core.

I will say this again.

Liverpool F.C. refused to play a game on the Hillsborough anniversary.

Liverpool will not play FA Cup semi-final on Hillsborough anniversary

The FA has confirmed Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final will be played on 14 April, ensuring they will not play on the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com

That they would choose to have a parade on the day of a great tragedy their fans precipitated shows the callous indifference they have always displayed over Heysel.

LFC….rotten to the core.
This strikes to the heart of the matter. They insisted that Everton play the early Saturday slot in 2012 at Wembley to avoid a clash with the anniversary. Loads of people missed going to the Grand National. To now have a parade on the anniversary of Heysel displays rank levels of hypocrisy and a shocking indifference to the suffering of others that was caused by them.

This strikes to the heart of the matter. They insisted that Everton play the early Saturday slot in 2012 at Wembley to avoid a clash with the anniversary. Loads of people missed going to the Grand National. To now have a parade on the anniversary of Heysel displays rank levels of hypocrisy and a shocking indifference to the suffering of others that was caused by them.
I would love someone, any journo, to ask the great thinker, philosopher and false-toothed, hair-transplanted german humanitarian of our time about that one...

They dont get it, all this proves is how poor the league is....its not very competative, at the top.

Most teams see the top 2 as losses, so just roll over most of the time.
Your right the fact we stayed up is testament to that. The reality is huge amounts of money have been spent on average players, which creates the illusion the league's decent. I was watching United v Chelsea the other week and I thought I was watching a charity game how slow the players were, it was nothing like the United v Chelsea games in the past.

You may be surprised, but I probably agree with you here.

You can make a case for Pep, probably for Howe, but Klopp has done very well this season. Taken a side from miles away in 4th to the last day of the season, and won the 2 domestic cups on pens. I can understand people saying theres a better candidate, but honestly it's not a ridiculous award at all in my view.

Award has nothing to do with Domestic cups, it’s purely a league award.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back