• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

With all their futuristic props and performance boosting tonics, they should rename their training complex "Westwirrrld". I'm looking forward to Saturday...seeing Henderson self-combust into a pile of smouldering ash when tackled and Arnold screwing himself into the ground like a tornado swearing at the ref when his wiring comes loose.

They looked goosed against Wolves.

They'll have to break out the Salbutomol before Saturday.
I was convinced a couple of weeks ago that they will beat Real Madrid. I still reckon they're favourites, but I'm far less convinced. Thiago and Fabinho look as if they are out. Salah and Van Dijk are far from 100%. Real Madrid are rested and ready. I'd be really looking at getting Vinicius in behind that defence if I were Ancelotti.

I will say this again.

Liverpool F.C. refused to play a game on the Hillsborough anniversary.

Liverpool will not play FA Cup semi-final on Hillsborough anniversary

The FA has confirmed Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final will be played on 14 April, ensuring they will not play on the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com

The Liverpool manager, Kenny Dalglish, said on Monday that the club would not play on the anniversary of the disaster. "I don't think it's even worth a line in a paper that we might play on the 15th because we won't," said Dalglish. "We've never played on the 15th before, have we? So there you are. Why would they change now?"

That they would choose to have a parade on the day of a great tragedy their fans precipitated shows the callous indifference they have always displayed over Heysel.

LFC….rotten to the core.

They absolutely should be made to play on the date of Hillsborough next year and every year as the fixtures dictate.

They've shown they have no qualms about celebrating on the date of the Heysel tragedy so it's shouldn't be too much bother to play on April 15th.

Bradford City play on the date of their disaster by the way, if they refused to play they'd be docked points

What does this even mean?

Both City v RS games ended up 2-2.

Im guessing it means that any games they won, drew or lost, they then won the reverse fixture by a bigger margin. So if we beat them 1-0, and they then beat us 2-0 they "won" 2-1 on aggregate. Im probably miles off but thats the best I can muster!

I want them to lose majority of their games, but Saturday would be epic, just to see them all in town crying/fighting and generally being [redacted].

I was convinced a couple of weeks ago that they will beat Real Madrid. I still reckon they're favourites, but I'm far less convinced. Thiago and Fabinho look as if they are out. Salah and Van Dijk are far from 100%. Real Madrid are rested and ready. I'd be really looking at getting Vinicius in behind that defence if I were Ancelotti.
They've looked les than convincing in the last few weeks. Since the Spurs game they imploded. Yes, they scraped together a few results. But if Madrid play the way they did against Chelsea and City they'll flatten Liverpool.

Real won there last 8 CL finals, they just don't lose them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back