• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I was at an Ireland game in Paris a few years ago and couldn't believe how heavy the police presence was. This was long before the bataclan attack etc. This would have been a very low security risk game as Ireland has virtually no history of crowd trouble.

Even after the match around bars and clubs the police were very visiable. Tbf they were absolutely fine with street parties and general jocularity.

I was at an Ireland game in Paris a few years ago and couldn't believe how heavy the police presence was. This was long before the bataclan attack etc. This would have been a very low security risk game as Ireland has virtually no history of crowd trouble.

Even after the match around bars and clubs the police were very visiable. Tbf they were absolutely fine with street parties and general jocularity.
The French generally like the Irish. They consider them as sort of allies against the English. ?

Anyone whom went to Lyon a couple years ago will testify to the heavy police presence in and around the city centre the night before the game.

And on the fringe of Place de Bellacour where we had all assembled on the afternoon of the match.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back