• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

“To lose your mind for yourself is OK, but if you lose it for yourself and your son, I don’t get that.

“Because if the other thousands were there as well, that could have been really dangerous.

“After the game, I’m not sure how you can avoid that. It’s really difficult to really judge it.

“But – it’s always like this – two things happen now and I hope we learn from that.

“I’m not sure it’s a nice picture, but it’s just like it is. We should make sure that nothing – absolutely nothing – happens.

“People threaten themselves by jumping over whatever, these kinds of things should not happen.

“I think we can celebrate things without threatening ourselves and the opponent.

“I would say that should be possible. We will see.”

Guess who recently said this?
We know who did, and he was referring to pitch invasions - which is daft from him because he's a massive ted.

But why should a father or mother or uncle or aunt not be able to take a child to a football match?

Get a grip mate come on.

This is from the Guardian in 2007 after the Athens final. They have always been the same:

Uefa condemns Liverpool fans as 'worst behaved in Europe'​

This article is more than 14 years old
'What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?'
Liverpool fans in Athens

Liverpool's fans have been involved in 25 separate disturbances at European away games in the last four years, according to Uefa. Photograph: EPA

Staff and agencies
Mon 4 Jun 2007 08.49 BST

A leaked Uefa report has branded Liverpool's fans the "worst behaved in Europe" as the debate over who was to blame for the ticketing chaos at this year's Champions League final rumbles on.
European football's governing body commissioned undercover police to compile a report into the behaviour of fans four years ago, and their completed report states Liverpool fans has been involved in 25 separate disturbances at European away games since 2003 - more than those of any other club.

Uefa president Michel Platini had already been set to meet sports minister Richard Caborn in Brussels tomorrow to discuss fan violence in Athens, and will now use the report to support his demand that Liverpool impose tighter security checks on fans travelling abroad.
Advertisement

"The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week," said Uefa spokesman William Gaillard. "That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?
"We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there. There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report - most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all. You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans."
Liverpool, naturally, are unwilling to comment on the report before they have actually received a copy themselves, but maintained their previous assertion that Uefa had badly mismanaged ticketing in Athens.
"The shortcomings in the management of the situation in Athens were apparent to anyone who was there and this latest statement from Uefa should not deflect attention away from that reality," said a club spokesman.

So there’s first hand evidence (be it video or their own admission) now of the following

Lfc fans jibbing
Lfc fans climbing fences to get in
Lfc fans assaulting a L’equipe journo
An LFC fan assaulting a cameraman
Lfc fans selling fake tickets

I haven’t seen any of the above mentioned once in the British media. Literally not once.

Again the french government are chatting [Poor language removed] with their figures, again the locals have caused havoc and had trouble with fans after, again the french police are bellends.

But you’d think with the evidence of the above being out there it would at least get a mention no?
And TWO reds stealing it on a happy Spanish lads jaw for the audacity of celebrating a win

Well after hearing both sides over the last few pages, I'm now convinced the the RS are simply the unluckiest fans in the werld, everyone is out to get them and all those horrible things that occur when they're around are mere coincidences which, almost certainly, Everton fans caused. I feel absolutely terrible for even thinking ill of them and, believe you me, I shall be giving myself a good talking to later!

We’re ignoring that now mate, we’re just focusing on how it can’t have been 40,000, to prove that it’s all lies.
The 40,000 at the ground thing is clearly a lie.

It's not a lie that people bunked in, it's not a lie that there will have been some trouble makers and it's not a lie that Liverpool could have done more especially after Klopp's comment.

Our own fans experienced this dismal policing seven years ago. It was actually mentioned by Oliver Kay today, who said maybe the media hadn't offered enough defence in those situations (a bit of self-realisation from them, you'll probably put that down to them all being Reds - which they aren't - when actually it's probably just that they were there and witnessed this, whereas in Lille they didn't).

And honestly, from what I've seen when Everton were successful, and the passion in the fanbase that has been on show in recent weeks, if we got to a final any time soon in something like a European competition, I'd be worried of seeing similar scenes if it was in a place that is notorious for treating certain fanbases like scum.

“To lose your mind for yourself is OK, but if you lose it for yourself and your son, I don’t get that.

“Because if the other thousands were there as well, that could have been really dangerous.

“After the game, I’m not sure how you can avoid that. It’s really difficult to really judge it.

“But – it’s always like this – two things happen now and I hope we learn from that.

“I’m not sure it’s a nice picture, but it’s just like it is. We should make sure that nothing – absolutely nothing – happens.

“People threaten themselves by jumping over whatever, these kinds of things should not happen.

“I think we can celebrate things without threatening ourselves and the opponent.

“I would say that should be possible. We will see.”

Guess who recently said this?
Frankie Detori?

This is from the Guardian in 2007 after the Athens final. They have always been the same:

Uefa condemns Liverpool fans as 'worst behaved in Europe'​

This article is more than 14 years old
'What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?'
Liverpool fans in Athens

Liverpool's fans have been involved in 25 separate disturbances at European away games in the last four years, according to Uefa. Photograph: EPA

Staff and agencies
Mon 4 Jun 2007 08.49 BST

A leaked Uefa report has branded Liverpool's fans the "worst behaved in Europe" as the debate over who was to blame for the ticketing chaos at this year's Champions League final rumbles on.
European football's governing body commissioned undercover police to compile a report into the behaviour of fans four years ago, and their completed report states Liverpool fans has been involved in 25 separate disturbances at European away games since 2003 - more than those of any other club.

Uefa president Michel Platini had already been set to meet sports minister Richard Caborn in Brussels tomorrow to discuss fan violence in Athens, and will now use the report to support his demand that Liverpool impose tighter security checks on fans travelling abroad.
Advertisement

"The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week," said Uefa spokesman William Gaillard. "That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?
"We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there. There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report - most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all. You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans."
Liverpool, naturally, are unwilling to comment on the report before they have actually received a copy themselves, but maintained their previous assertion that Uefa had badly mismanaged ticketing in Athens.
"The shortcomings in the management of the situation in Athens were apparent to anyone who was there and this latest statement from Uefa should not deflect attention away from that reality," said a club spokesman.
Bottom two paragraphs sound familiar.

Well after hearing both sides over the last few pages, I'm now convinced the the RS are simply the unluckiest fans in the werld, everyone is out to get them and all those horrible things that occur when they're around are mere coincidences which, almost certainly Everton fans caused. I feel absolutely terrible for even thinking I'll of them and, believe you me, I shall be giving myself a good talking to later!

They’re actually really lucky, as a Rambo style plot was thwarted at the last possible moments that would have seen tens of thousands mowed down with military grade assault rifles, possibly at the behest of the French government

Madrid got in ok didnt they?

On the way out, it is moody. But frankly anyone who has gone to Paris knows, when the sun goes down, Paris is moody.

If you've been going round all day, acting the knobhead, giving in the biggun in the most obnoxious way, as most Kopites do you're going to get filled in later on. Theres nothing Macron can do about that. It's not the sort of place you go and take the p1ss, unless you are an exceptionally arrogant individual.
That reporter that I quoted said there were issues even for the Madrid fans as they entered.

As does this

Just saying that if you get filled in after the match you must have been acting a Kopite knobhead, especially as many Madrid fans experienced the same, seems to be a rather sweeping generalization.

Well after hearing both sides over the last few pages, I'm now convinced the the RS are simply the unluckiest fans in the werld, everyone is out to get them and all those horrible things that occur when they're around are mere coincidences which, almost certainly Everton fans caused. I feel absolutely terrible for even thinking I'll of them and, believe you me, I shall be giving myself a good talking to later!

dark-side.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back