• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I said not a lot wrong.

CajwE6JWIAAiEHI.jpg

Heres a picture of Everton fans bunking into Wembley.
These are clearly local London youths

Well, you're wrong. On both counts. I just don't like seeing people tear-gassed because they support a club I don't like, and then have the same authorities that mismanaged the situation have the gall to double down on a blatant lie, then blame it on 'certain English clubs'.

Meanwhile, yesterday, Saint-Etienne fans stormed onto the pitch and threw flares and smoke bombs at their own players. The Auxerre manager was hit by tear gas from the police that responded.

People in glass houses and all that.
more obfuscation (just googled that) whats saint etienne gotta do with geo political leanings, the state of french politics, the met, fraudulent tickets, barrier climbers, overcrowded final, lack of due care from a club, and whatever else youve up your sleeve? blue tinted glass houses?

I'm not from Liverpool. I can't stand the club, and most of the fanbase, it's like a cult, but ultimately I've seen images of those days when Everton were successful, like @MikelsGoat shared earlier. I've heard stories from my dad in the 80s when he used to go to every away game, and there'd be fans getting in on the terraces without tickets. I've seen what happened in Lille, when I don't think our fans were to blame one bit, at the hand of the same or very similar police tactics...

So no, I'm not 'waving my red pom poms'. I don't like them. But I'll call out twisted tribalism when I see it too. Liverpool, unfortunately - for many different reasons - provide big stories and with that comes media clout. We can hate it, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean that they're all angels - and there definitely isn't enough room to call some of their behaviour out because of what happened at Hillsborough - but also doesn't mean that every journalist reporting what happened is obsessed with Liverpool. It's more likely that actually, they were just caught in the crossfire and provided their account of it.
WOOL

France hosted the rugby final earlier on the day and also women's game ran smoothly as well without any issues, not to mention the Monaco F1 race. The issue is that a lot of travelling football fans tend to come from lower social classes with minimal education and all this coupled with foreign police, this is a huge recipe for disaster.

The Euro 2021 was a travesty last year in London yet the Olympics hosted 9 years previously went so smoothly. Football fans are always the huge issue, no matter how much we blame the authorities.

more obfuscation (just googled that) whats saint etienne gotta do with geo political leanings, the state of french politics, the met, fraudulent tickets, barrier climbers, overcrowded final, lack of due care from a club, and whatever else youve up your sleeve? blue tinted glass houses?
The French interior minister claimed on Monday that the only issues like this came from English fans, also cited the problem at Wembley last year.

That statement was around 15 hours after Saint-Etienne fans had stormed the pitch and attacked their own fans. Kind of stemmed the 'it's only English fans'

Then again, that rabble are 'Scouse not English', I suppose.

Bit weird how @BlueToff has spent the best part of 50 pages and 12 hours defending kopite scum. He doesn't just have a difference of opinion and move on, but spends practically all day, page after page defending that behaviour.

Despite there being footage after footage, pic after pic of the kopites causing chaos AGAIN in europe.

In fact........ it's really weird.
wait wait wait, its been proper helpful keeping the momentum of the thread goin, without some objection the pish taking was over hours ago. I for one am thankful to our brethren @BlueToff for the fine service and difficult corner it has been a privelege to ridicule all day. Godspeed you wonder from the heavens.

The French interior minister claimed on Monday that the only issues like this came from English fans, also cited the problem at Wembley last year.

That statement was around 15 hours after Saint-Etienne fans had stormed the pitch and attacked their own fans. Kind of stemmed the 'it's only English fans'

Then again, that rabble are 'Scouse not English', I suppose.
Whoa, hang on, howd we know it wuznt chelsea at saint etienne? sources.
I made a point earlier about narratives and the "scouse" one the media are running parallel aint difficult to decipher.

I mean I have to watch a fair bit of European footy for work and while there's been crowd trouble I don't think there's many examples of 1000s of fans storming a pitch and throwing flares at their own players...
Just a coincidence then... Fair enough. I'm away to do my Wordle unless one of my fellow supporters steals my phone out of my hand before I get it done.

I'm not from Liverpool. I can't stand the club, and most of the fanbase, it's like a cult, but ultimately I've seen images of those days when Everton were successful, like @MikelsGoat shared earlier. I've heard stories from my dad in the 80s when he used to go to every away game, and there'd be fans getting in on the terraces without tickets. I've seen what happened in Lille, when I don't think our fans were to blame one bit, at the hand of the same or very similar police tactics...

So no, I'm not 'waving my red pom poms'. I don't like them. But I'll call out twisted tribalism when I see it too. Liverpool, unfortunately - for many different reasons - provide big stories and with that comes media clout. We can hate it, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean that they're all angels - and there definitely isn't enough room to call some of their behaviour out because of what happened at Hillsborough - but also doesn't mean that every journalist reporting what happened is obsessed with Liverpool. It's more likely that actually, they were just caught in the crossfire and provided their account of it.
does the apparent 'crossfire' seem to be very helpful to the kopite cause? again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back