• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

There's literally a video of a lad standing there scanning a ticket at a turnstile that starts to open - because it's a real ticket - and he gets sprayed in the face.

If all of these blaggers had got in and the ground was full to capacity, then why was the Liverpool end mostly empty?

And those videos are from when it was still clearly light outside the Stade de France, which it would not have been at 9:30-35pm local time when the Liverpool end was finally full and the game kicked off.
Small comment on the light, mate. The hour difference means it was roughly the same brightness as about half eight here at 9.30 local time. I was in Normandy on Saturday and it was pretty bright at half nine local time. Not exactly Paris, of course, but I was amazed how bright it was, even at 10pm, admittedly in the countryside.

Small comment on the light, mate. The hour difference means it was roughly the same brightness as about half eight here at 9.30 local time. I was in Normandy on Saturday and it was pretty bright at half nine local time. Not exactly Paris, of course, but I was amazed how bright it was, even at 10pm, admittedly in the countryside.
Whats the current rate? 15k? 17.5k? and havent 'go-adventure' stopped knockin out inflateable dinghys?

Sorry mate! I have no idea what you mean???
Apologies, thought with you being in Normandy you were in on it. I tried to snag some duty free but got told there was no room on the private boats, turns out big Terrance from the 'dog & duck' had some knock-off passports for sale, so obviously there was money to be made from poor refugees fleeing war and persecution. Obviously the entirety of any issue was down to the border guard on the dover side. nothing to see here.

Seen more of my local mp on the TV on practically every channel today, mr Ian Byrne, in full rs defence secretary mode, than I have seen of him in months addressing the issues that are really affecting poor people in his constituency, west derby.

absolutely sickening how biased and one dimensional he has been in relation to the problems.

Yes, some rs fans clearly deserve an apology from the way the French police handled things, but to completely whitewash the obvious fact that ticketless rs fans or rs fans with blag tickets have helped to cause this near disaster is just morally wrong.

The French government are calling Klopp out for his ridiculous plea to the Kopites, who have a long and indistinguied history of doing just thst.

And causing mayhem.

Some of the comments in here are ridiculous.

Take your blue-tinted specs off.

The people in charge are in charge of safely organising events. And Real Madrid fans were caught up in this too, because there was no clear organisation.

Two of my colleagues were there covering the match - both Man United fans, both can't stand Liverpool as much as I can't. They said it was horrific.
It seems that the violence of the police was precipitated by the turnstiles not working. Andy Robertson’s mate, who got his ticket from Robertson himself, was told by the turnstile operator that his ticket was a fake!

A total shambles compounded by the violent muggings after the match.

I’m glad they lost but I won’t promote the narrative of the anti-Scouse Daily Mail.

Because UEFA and the French authorities' total disregard for any organisation at all has helped lead to this.

It's been well documented that there were locals attempting to bunk in.

I know it's also been documented that there were Liverpool fans bunking in too.

But how they organised the entrance is disgraceful. How the police went into attack mode is disgraceful. Let's not get tribal because it's that lot alright.

Now, Liverpool as a club need to shoulder some responsibility. This rhetoric they have, this hype - it helps build up and lead to chaos. That needs to stop.

However, UEFA blaming them for the other night is disgraceful - and Madrid fans were caught up in it too. And the French police and government are sickening and honestly put our lot in a good light tbh. Plenty of French ministers have now come out and said the same thing, too.

20,000 people down one road, cut in half by police vans, under a flyover, in a notoriously rough area of a sprawling city, with 6-8 stewards checking tickets before they got to the turnstiles, and no other checkpoints, with said stewards then leaving their post and letting everyone through to the turnstiles... This is on UEFA and the French.
Great post.

The incompetence of the French authorities could have led to deaths.

We can’t ignore the facts just because it’s the RS.

Bit weird how @BlueToff has spent the best part of 50 pages and 12 hours defending kopite scum. He doesn't just have a difference of opinion and move on, but spends practically all day, page after page defending that behaviour.

Despite there being footage after footage, pic after pic of the kopites causing chaos AGAIN in europe.

In fact........ it's really weird.
Another one curiously back for more:

Great post.

The incompetence of the French authorities could have led to deaths.

We can’t ignore the facts just because it’s the RS.

FUDUdgDXEAEQJlG.webp
FUDV8IjWUAYAY7a.webp
African gangs indiscriminately assaulting, stabbing and stealing from fans, an eye opening sample of diversity that Paris is famous for.

Two years after the death of George Floyd they still have the BLM logo displayed which makes you know it must've been really bad.

View attachment 168323
View attachment 168322
African gangs indiscriminately assaulting, stabbing and stealing from fans, an eye opening sample of diversity that Paris is famous for.

Two years after the death of George Floyd they still have the BLM logo displayed which makes you know it must've been really bad.
Im sensing a theme with your posting and its very, very unpleasant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back