• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

That reporter that I quoted said there were issues even for the Madrid fans as they entered.

As does this

Just saying that if you get filled in after the match you must have been acting a Kopite knobhead, especially as many Madrid fans experienced the same, seems to be a rather sweeping generalization.

Yes fair points.

Its obviously quite complicated.

I appreciate there were a few issues with the Madrid end, but the reality is, the Madrid end got in on time, as you would expect. It is interesting to consider why the two are different.

As for the 2nd point, yes I agree with that. It is a generalisation, and I'm sure there are Liverpool fans who behave well. However, they have a reputation for hooliganism, when called out for their behaviour they just laugh or downplay it. The french government described them as "hooligans from England" so it's quite clear how they are viewed. The fact they revel in that, and love being in their words "unbearable" cements that image.

They tried to take the p1ss around Paris, like they do most places they go, and sometimes you come unstuck. The tory authorities here pander to them, but in countries with a more socially democratic outlook, they will have a more honest appraisal.

And as I've said, I wouldn't take liberties in Paris. But that requires a bit of self reflection, and not thinking you are a superman. Many of them have the view that they can do what they like abroad, and consequences will never follow. Unfortunately they do.

Let me ask you, do you, or anyone else think it's in any way a surprise that there were hooliganism and difficulties with Rangers and Liverpool this year? Is anyone in any way surprised? And if so, why not.

Some airlines, especially in the US, are notorious for double booking seats.

Perhaps UEFA issued tickets to "football family members" with the anticipation that they won't show so decided to sell them again. Whoever gets in first gets the seat. Wouldn't surprise me with their corruption and greed.

Don't be daft. No stadium owner in their right mind is going to double book thousands of seats. It was people turning up with blag/no tickets.

…you should send him an E-mail, I did and he replied when I highlighted his misogynist post about Everton wives and girlfriends.indeed, everybody should send him an E-mail.

I’m his constituent, it’s a very safe seat. I’m a Labour supporter but I refuse to vote for him as a matter of principle.
I will be doing exactly this eggs, he’s my mp and I’ve been a Labour voter and member all my life, and in think it’s been a disgrace how he’s handled himself on this matter.

I am also writing to the parliamentary Labour Party about his conduct since the weekend and also from his previous biased derisory pliers related to the rs and Everton.

He is not fit to be an mp.

A quick look at The Daily Mail (there's your first clue) tells me that 'Operation LFC Cover Up' is now in full swing.
Absolutely disgraceful, one-sided reporting from what's known as a 'typical tory rag'.
Looks like they've got their best men on this from the word go my Blue friends.
It's also in Good Morning Britain, ITV. Sating Liverpool fans were queuing to get into the stadium then the Police used tear gas. Just started to use it for no reason !? Maybe it was fly spray and them lot over reacted as usual. A lot of fly's in Paris apparently

Don't call me a div.
The divs were those who went there with no or false tickets, those extra people who caused jams and subsequent disorders.
But you insisted fans turned up late, which UEFA have now said not to be the case?

So you are believing your government minister's clear lie about up to 40,000 ticketless fans turning up at the stadium? Which all the major outlets in France are questioning?

You are saying there's no responsibility to the police or UEFA or the authorities at all?

But the French police tear gassing people is normal behaviour apparently.

So don't go causing trouble at an event with French police there otherwise you shouldn't be surprised when you get tear gassed. I'm not arguing the rights ot wrongs of it but what did they expect?
I don't think too many caused trouble.

There was issues in the Madrid end too - these have been reported. The police also weren't present at FT when needed to stop people getting robbed and mugged. Both Madrid fans and Liverpool fans have said this.

I think some caused trouble, some of those being Liverpool fans by having fake tickets - but not 40k worth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back