• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Within a week it'll be:

- UEFA's fault
- they can't be trusted
- it's a matter of fan safety
- the only answer is to form our own European League of Super Safety
- how do you like those apples Paris [evil laughter]
If that is happening, it could not exclude PSG - one of the biggest cash cows in Europe. So back to Paris again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The phone in after 9am this morning on Radio Merseyside should be interesting .

A Professor of Sociology of football and football fan culture has had the absolute temerity to aportion some blame to the RS fans who knowingly went to the match with fake or no tickets ........ the phone in after 9am should be fun !!!
We all know kopites can't take criticism

Thoughts and Prayers Professor. :(:eek:

This sounds bad, but im sick of seeing reds telling lies about incidents, so it makes me doubt any of them.

1 was talking over his video, pointing out all the armed police at the LFC end, and saying its a joke that none are at the madrid end....while in the video it clearly shows armed police at the Madrid end.

1 guy posts his video of a so-called foiled terrorist attack, and him seeing knives and guns....clearly zero weapons in the video and the "suspects" smiling and laughing with police.....people agreeing with him in the comments saying they was also in that bar and seen the same guns!!

Another chap, was with his kid and had a bad time, and thats awfull....but he then starts to tell people to delete vids and pictures that show fellow reds acting up...and he wrote "Delete these mate, they are fuelling the flames....have you seen what they are saying about us...." ......So his child was in tears, and he is wanting to delete evidence of trouble makers.

It feels like im in a simulation, and everyone is in a cult around me.

Echoing what others have said, the only way this gets stamped out in future is identifying and banning the RS yob element that follow that shower. The club has so far refused to do this, so we will be here again in another 12 months talking about the same issues, whilst the RS deflect and blame everyone else.
The build up has already begun.
Hasn't Klopp told them to book their hotels in Istanbul for next year's final.

Great post.

The incompetence of the French authorities could have led to deaths.

We can’t ignore the facts just because it’s the RS.
how do we know the French were incompetent? We haven't got access to anywhere near the amount of information they had either before the event or of events occurring during the event, the use of dispersal tactics (tear gas) at the turnstiles/congested areas may have saved lives and may turn out to have been a very competent thing to do. We need to wait and see what transpires as we don't like the RS, but we also have issues with French riot cops and sycophant politicians.

I don't think anyone is denying there were fake tickets.

People are just saying that the claim that 30,000-40,000 turned up with fake tickets or without them is absolutely ridiculous.

Yet that's what the French interior minister claimed.
You are not a Scouser as you've stated so I don't think you will know anything about the criminal element in this city, they will do anything to make money. They won't be printing a few hundred blags, more like thousands upon thousands, these are then passed on to their seller's. These will then target the buyer's at fanzones, pubs and outside grounds, even during travel. I've seen first hand lots of times people with wads of them offloading them. As kick off nears the prices are reduced drastically and then even given away. The only thing ridiculous about the French saying 40,000 is that they have probably greatly underestimated.

If 2700 legitimate tickets didn't get in and there were certainly a couple of thousand extra in the stairwells etc, that accounts for around 5,000 extra.

Add in the early fake tickets which have been blamed for the delay (many will have gone to the fan park) and it is likely an extra 10,000 minimum turned up.

The 30-40,000 seems a little high but there a certainly enough to back up the claim that the extra blaggers were the route cause. Doubt these behaved like angels.

It's unfortunate that well behaved fans bore the brunt.

I actually liked something @emir wrote about behaviour abroad and weed in Dubai. Similarly here, French police like to go in heavy handed if given the excuse.
I think there is some confusion in the 30-40,000 figure, I read it as there were 30-40k attempts, so in your assessment, 10k blag tickets, each one tried 3 or 4 times at the turnstile before the presenter gets turned away.

It's about doing a little bit of homework,I lived in Paris for a couple of years and now in Spain. French and Spanish police don't take the crap the English police have to. The Madrid support will know this,the rs think they can act as they do at the pit.
I also have lived in Spain and now in France for a long time.
I agree entirely. People who know that they can break the law with impunity will continue so to do.
Those who have experienced disciplinary measures will generally behave.
And yes I know there are dheads who will misbehave anyhow.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back