• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

All their season ticket holders are aged about 120 according to records.
They deffo haven’t died and their relatives deffo haven’t kept the tickets on to sell on for profit..
So age means using new mobile phone technology is difficult and that’s why they need old paper tickets.
Not absolving LFC in the slightest and hopefully the official report will prove that LFC / forged tickets are the root cause of this and congratulate the French authorities on averting a disaster. Speaking tonight with my wife and in laws extended family I was surprised to hear there’s actually a big element of truth for this - not all like you said. A few members of my in laws family are RS season ticket holders. Couple of tickets inherited from dead friends or relatives for sure. More simpler than that, my wife has been season ticket holder for 30+ years. She just told me LFC haven’t got her mobile number or father in laws phone number. They haven’t been to a cup final since their bad experience with RS fans in Athens.

View attachment 168323
View attachment 168322
African gangs indiscriminately assaulting, stabbing and stealing from fans, an eye opening sample of diversity that Paris is famous for.

Two years after the death of George Floyd they still have the BLM logo displayed which makes you know it must've been really bad.

Why does everything come down to racism with you?

and then they start tear gassing everyone?

Normal behaviour.
But the French police tear gassing people is normal behaviour apparently.

So don't go causing trouble at an event with French police there otherwise you shouldn't be surprised when you get tear gassed. I'm not arguing the rights ot wrongs of it but what did they expect?

Seen more of my local mp on the TV on practically every channel today, mr Ian Byrne, in full rs defence secretary mode, than I have seen of him in months addressing the issues that are really affecting poor people in his constituency, west derby.

absolutely sickening how biased and one dimensional he has been in relation to the problems.

Yes, some rs fans clearly deserve an apology from the way the French police handled things, but to completely whitewash the obvious fact that ticketless rs fans or rs fans with blag tickets have helped to cause this near disaster is just morally wrong.

…you should send him an E-mail, I did and he replied when I highlighted his misogynist post about Everton wives and girlfriends.indeed, everybody should send him an E-mail.

I’m his constituent, it’s a very safe seat. I’m a Labour supporter but I refuse to vote for him as a matter of principle.

Tell you what though, they go on about the media and establishment hating them....
The same media and establishment that couldn't wait to step in help when they were at risk of liquidation...
The very same that's currently whitewashing their saintly fans latest disgusting behaviour...

Contrast with the reaction to is, gleefully following our relegation battle hoping we went down...
Screaming blue murder about our accounts and all the punishments we deserve....

Honestly hate the racist, Tory club

I get what you have been posting, I really do. Few think the French police weren't beyond irresponsible in the behaviour, but we've been here before. Many times. We've been the target of their 'exuberance' many times, Rupert's Tower, Liver Buildings, Dean's statue, off the top of my head. There's a pattern.
So forgive me for not being sympathetic on the whole, until they accept some responsibility. I feel for those who suffered at the end of police tactics. Perhaps they'd have been in the ground had their seats not already been 'allocated'.
More than this though, I am angry at the insensitive arrogance that they, their club and even Liverpool council, allowed a celebratory parade on the anniversary of such an horrific event in their history.
Would we be allowed a parade on the anniversary of Hillsborough? The answer is an absolute NO. Because we would never even consider it. That is what seperates us.
Spot on.

Just read uefa are going to compensate the 2700 fans with real tickets who never got in (which is good and the right thing to do)

I'm confused though, if there was no wrong doing on Liverpools part, why was there no empty seats? And why did it look overfilled on the TV?

As surely 2700 empty seats would be noticeable.
It’s only nearly 14% of their entire allocation, so close to one in nine seats.

Echoing what others have said, the only way this gets stamped out in future is identifying and banning the RS yob element that follow that shower. The club has so far refused to do this, so we will be here again in another 12 months talking about the same issues, whilst the RS deflect and blame everyone else.
I'm writing to UEFA to insist upon another 10 year ban for all English clubs from European football.

Let's face it, we are nowhere near European qualification so who cares! Ban 'em, ban 'em all again.

Just read uefa are going to compensate the 2700 fans with real tickets who never got in (which is good and the right thing to do)

I'm confused though, if there was no wrong doing on Liverpools part, why was there no empty seats? And why did it look overfilled on the TV?

If 2700 legitimate tickets didn't get in and there were certainly a couple of thousand extra in the stairwells etc, that accounts for around 5,000 extra.

Add in the early fake tickets which have been blamed for the delay (many will have gone to the fan park) and it is likely an extra 10,000 minimum turned up.

The 30-40,000 seems a little high but there a certainly enough to back up the claim that the extra blaggers were the route cause. Doubt these behaved like angels.

It's unfortunate that well behaved fans bore the brunt.

I actually liked something @emir wrote about behaviour abroad and weed in Dubai. Similarly here, French police like to go in heavy handed if given the excuse.

Some airlines, especially in the US, are notorious for double booking seats.

Perhaps UEFA issued tickets to "football family members" with the anticipation that they won't show so decided to sell them again. Whoever gets in first gets the seat. Wouldn't surprise me with their corruption and greed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back