• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Chelsea away, the game in hand I thought
It would have been but for the fact that City's midweek game at Arsenal is cancelled next week. This will mean that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will have all played the same number of games, albeit a game fewer than most of the rest of the league.

It would have been but for the fact that City's midweek game at Arsenal is cancelled next week. This will mean that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will have all played the same number of games, albeit a game fewer than most of the rest of the league.

Why is the City/Arsenal game cancelled?

Quadruple back on? :oops:

It does amaze me how PSG City even Bayern see the CL final every season as this gargantuan task of having to play the best teams in Europe to maybe have an outside chance of winning it if they have a brilliant side available.

Liverpool just start every season thinking they’ll at least get to the final because they’ll probably draw a load of old rubbish on the way before meeting anyone decent and even then there’s always penalty shoot outs.

Spurs and Liverpool might finish very close together this season yet there’s not a single Spurs fan or pundit who thinks they could win the CL whereas Liverpool fans will get battered by Brighton at home and think ‘ah well we’ll probably just win the CL instead’

Absolutely incredible how this competition opens up for them almost every season. Can they not just draw Madrid Bayern or PSG in the next round and just go out like every other struggling team does at that stage of the comp.

The one key difference will be that it will be Haaland and not that Anfield bottler Sterling on the end of most of the chances.

Just keep Mahrez away from any pens.
Beating a terrible Scottish team like that is no indicator of where Liverpool are. The 20 minutes before HT at the Emirates were the only time I saw Liverpool being decent this season. But they did that with Diaz pulling the strings out wide and he isn't there now.

City have way too much for them.

I think Pep and his players will be disappointed if they have to settle for a draw there this season. A draw in previous seasons would have done, but this season only a win will do. And they'll get it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back