• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

A large part of the blame firmly lies with Klopp. For all we hated Ferguson, outside of a couple of "noisy neighbours" and "not in my lifetime" remarks, he rarely spoke about us. Klopp, on the other hand, feeds his fans and the media constant bile and lies about our club that raises the temperature. He's an abortion of a human being who believes it is his God-given right to win things and anything or anyone in his way is not a legitimate obstacle. I firmly believe that things will only mellow once he moves on. He is a manager built in the image of that club.

The bigger and more important picture is ONE league title in 32 years (a Covid title when public interest in football was at its lowest in any of our lifetimes). They're 14 points off the summit presently. The game on Sunday showed me that they're plainly a kick-and-rush team. They adopted Palace tactics which have worked against City in the past. Honestly, that brand of football will not win you the league when you're so far behind already. Let's be ready to toast the fact it will be ONE Covid title in 33 years.

A large part of the blame firmly lies with Klopp. For all we hated Ferguson, outside of a couple of "noisy neighbours" and "not in my lifetime" remarks, he rarely spoke about us. Klopp, on the other hand, feeds his fans and the media constant bile and lies about our club that raises the temperature. He's an abortion of a human being who believes it is his God-given right to win things and anything or anyone in his way is not a legitimate obstacle. I firmly believe that things will only mellow once he moves on. He is a manager built in the image of that club.

The bigger and more important picture is ONE league title in 32 years (a Covid title when public interest in football was at its lowest in any of our lifetimes). They're 14 points off the summit presently. The game on Sunday showed me that they're plainly a kick-and-rush team. They adopted Palace tactics which have worked against City in the past. Honestly, that brand of football will not win you the league when you're so far behind already. Let's be ready to toast the fact it will be ONE Covid title in 33 years.
At the end of the day, as a colleague always points out to me and others. Given the time and all the resources he has had and transfer records broken over the last 7 years, out of a possible 28 possible trophies available they have won 4. Not that impressive really.

We sure have, Dave.

Once again weaponising Hillsborough to shut down the truth about Paris.

I watched that last night.

Basically, a cub reporter with f.a. experience put together a whiney half hour whitewash that used the dead of Hillsborough 15 to 20 times - comparing that event to one where a few people got teary eyes and a sore throat - and then completely blamed downtrodden African youths for jumping gates and battering 'non-violent' Liverpool fans....a racist take down of the real victims. Nothing to do with the best part of 50,000 Kopites with 19,000 tickets descending on a stadium.

If you ever wanted an example of Liverpool being the Establishment Club, there it was. They are like Franco-era Real Madrid. The house team of the regime.

I think Klopp did a great job, I mean, let’s be realistic here.

But he’s been a plague on English football. I’ve just mentioned it in another thread. But his levels of hypocrisy are just a whole new level.

He moaned about the Community Shield and the League cup as congestion, referencing with the DFL Pokal, where the participants get a “bye”. To compete in the CS, you need to have qualified for Europe, which byes you a “bye” in the 2nd round of the league cup.

He moaned relentlessly about player welfare, insisting on a winter break, which was approved. Yet preceded to moan about welfare… but rarely makes full use of his subs, another thing he pushed for.

He’s reduced the cups to practical nothingness, with the league cup set to introduce “B” sides, and FA Cup replays scrapped.

Happy to have an extra 6 CL games though.

Take away the fact that Guardiolanis also a moaner. Hes just a terrible thing for the PL, but he’s “Box Office” so Sky and BT worship them.

Kick and rush, but when you have a player with the speed and quality of Salah it will always work. Losing Mane has reduced that threat a bit.

Agree with Klopp though, travel a lot with work and everyone thinks the same about him, apart from Newcastle fans for some reason..?

EDIT: I always respected Ferguson, one think that riled me up with the recent Solskjaer was his "this is man united" thing all the time, like they deserve and should be allowed to win.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back