• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Tune in tonight for this comprehensive and wide ranging investigation into the Champions League Final "tragedy". Expect condemnation of all those responsible: UEFA, the French police, those pesky local youths etc. Let's see if there is also any consideration of the fake ticket issue other than just blaming UEFA for initially exaggerating the numbers involved.
20221017_163842.webp

Tune in tonight for this comprehensive and wide ranging investigation into the Champions League Final "tragedy". Expect condemnation of all those responsible: UEFA, the French police, those pesky local youths etc. Let's see if there is also any consideration of the fake ticket issue other than just blaming UEFA for initially exaggerating the numbers involved.
View attachment 187450

BBC in 'backing the Establishment Club' shock horror.

We've got David Conn to look forward too as well.

39 people killed in one of their riotous European finals - a final expunged by the BBC from history. But a few people get sore throats in this one and it's a tragedy.

The horrific peado employing scum.

View attachment 187450
Seems my post highlighting this programme has gone missing.

I haven’t got an actual link, but they were singing murderers, and the graffiti said 39 Italians, and murderers. Not sure if they were old clips/images, but that’s all I’ve seen/heard
I'm a City fan Joe, the chanting I heard was solely regarding Heysal, nothing was sung about Hillsborough. Was in row 5 and was treated to as much urine as I could drink throughout the match. Many thanks to the scumbags in the upper stand. Looking forward to my trip to Goodison where you can have a bit of banter and a laugh. All the best.

View attachment 187450
What went wrong was a team with a fan base who can't behave got to the final.

View attachment 187450
The BBC again, any excuse to make another docu-drama about the RS exploits.

View attachment 187450
BBC doing bbc things to look after the establishment club shock.

They let Dr Phil Scraton vent his spleen on five live this morning as he’s brought out his full and thorough investigation report, after asking the kopites for their eye witness accounts, and completely exonerating the pinkies and their blag tickets (there weren’t ANY according to Dr Phil) and blaming every other single possible other cause of the trouble.

Never held any massive events at the parc des princes prior to that ECL final without any bother have they Dr Phil…..

I'm a City fan Joe, the chanting I heard was solely regarding Heysal, nothing was sung about Hillsborough. Was in row 5 and was treated to as much urine as I could drink throughout the match. Many thanks to the scumbags in the upper stand. Looking forward to my trip to Goodison where you can have a bit of banter and a laugh. All the best.
Unfortunately the rs and their media only remember one disaster and any song that is sung is aimed at hillsborough. We get it all the time.

Really??
Wish we would play as badly against all the teams in the Prem.
Might not have to wait another 27 years before we win anything.

Relative to other top sides it is. The majority of top teams seek to get on the ball and create chances through working it through the lines for either through balls or cut backs. Better chances equal a better chance of a goal and more control of the game. Real Madrid Barcelona City PSG Chelsea all play this way. Arsenal have always tried to play this way. Ten Haag is trying to do this at United.

Klopp’s Liverpool are most dangerous from set pieces, crosses, scrapping for second balls or counter attacks. It’s probably more akin to the sort of football Simeone and Conte play. When done well it can be very effective but there was nothing aesthetic about what Liverpool were doing to City, this was sitting deep and lashing the ball first time over the top to a quick runner. Palace and Spurs have beaten them regularly playing this way.

It got the three points and they’re extremely good at that style of football and in previous seasons it’s been entertaining to watch but there’s no point pretending it’s an attractive brand of football any more than someone can quite like Atletico Madrid edging out Real or Barca. Their football is effective but it’s not beautiful to watch.

You’ll never see artists of similar profile to Modric De Bruyne Iniesta Xavi etc. playing in a Klopp team. Their patterns of play involve Van Dijk either swinging it outwide for a full back to cross it in, or lashing it up the middle for the forwards to try and scrap for a second ball. He’s perfected it, it works, it’s won a lot of games for him but no one can seriously say it’s beautiful football.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back