• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

The three teams in bold is probably their run to the final
I haven't kept the data but their luck in drawing 2nd legs at home (generally regarded as the most likely of the two possibilities to proceed to the next round) is beyond incredible. Granted now some draws (which we should ignore for the purposes of Probability) are based on winning the Group for the Ro16 draw but, for example, they've been given MatchDay6 at home this season - again, that along with any random based draw not determined by seeding has been EXTRAORDINARILY generous to them over their entire European competition history. When I say EXTRAORDINARY - we are talking 10,000/1 probability.

So here is it: What is the probability of a coin being tossed Heads ("Home") 68 times out of 100.. (it's somewhere in this region well beyond 3SD from the mean (which would be circa 66%))

The answer is 0.011% or 1 chance in almost 10,000. So they aren't just lucky, they are bizarrely lucky.

it doesn't excuse him at all, he is supposed to be a professional and should have ways of dealing with this kind of incident. What would happen if that was someone else in public life who spat at someone, or snatched a phone? The daily mail readers would be clamouring for a dismissal.
Yeah well look at Ronaldo from Goodison a few seasons ago, Carragher is a nutter, you cant do anything these days without it being caught in film, just behave

I haven't kept the data but their luck in drawing 2nd legs at home (generally regarded as the most likely of the two possibilities to proceed to the next round) is beyond incredible. Granted now some draws (which we should ignore for the purposes of Probability) are based on winning the Group for the Ro16 draw but, for example, they've been given MatchDay6 at home this season - again, that along with any random based draw not determined by seeding has been EXTRAORDINARILY generous to them over their entire European competition history. When I say EXTRAORDINARY - we are talking 10,000/1 probability.

So here is it: What is the probability of a coin being tossed Heads ("Home") 68 times out of 100.. (it's somewhere in this region well beyond 3SD from the mean (which would be circa 66%))

The answer is 0.011% or 1 chance in almost 10,000. So they aren't just lucky, they are bizarrely lucky.

I’m hoping they finish second in the group and just get Real Madrid Bayern or PSG with the second leg away from home. That’s what happens to most teams.

For Liverpool though they’ll either somehow edge Napoli at Anfield in such a way that allows them to finish top of the group thanks to alphabetical order, or they’ll finish second but get the worst group winner (club Brugge) and beat them 4-0 at Anfield, whilst the heavyweights of Europe put each other out.

Under Klopp they’ve had some amazing draws, Porto multiple times, Benfica, Villareal, Roma, to get these teams in latter stages of the CL is just ridiculous. Especially when you see Madrid PSG Bayern all playing each other every year.

Just a few difficult two legged ties against good European teams with some fair refereeing please rather than their usual cakewalk to the final.

He's not clocked that anything he does stupid gets caught on video in this day and age has he?
Well it's probably just Kopite Behaviour. However I stopped myself saying this to some no-mark ald fella earlier this week I have no idea but I was looking at some books in a Charity shop and this (likely Kopite, you can smell them a mile off) was stood, for well over 20 seconds, no more than one foot from me. When I pointed out he was well within my personal space and would he back off he said "they are not your books" I said "well, no they aren't but you are well within 2 feet of me" and he refused to back off. When I repeated this request and it had no effect I just told him to f. off (twice) and eventually the penny dropped and he left.

isn't there a seeding process that means the clique team are more likely to get a home tie in the 2nd leg? You should know by now Dan that this is all geared for the favoured teams getting to the latter stages of this farce to keep the party rolling on. They certainly don't want the likes of Ajax, or Tromso going on a streaky run and getting to the final, it'll ruin the optics.

isn't there a seeding process that means the clique team are more likely to get a home tie in the 2nd leg? You should know by now Dan that this is all geared for the favoured teams getting to the latter stages of this farce to keep the party rolling on. They certainly don't want the likes of Ajax, or Tromso going on a streaky run and getting to the final, it'll ruin the optics.
Quite: Spurs (or it would have been Ajax whom they beat in the semi-final) interrupted the continuous 2 Big Team final line-up for pretty much the last 20 years. (Porto v Monaco, remember that?)

I would like to know just two details.
What Gabriel claims he heard and what Henderson claims he said
Nobody said or heard anything which is why both of the managers weren't spoken to at all either...I'm not even that sure it was reported...all just a dream probably...urban myth...fake news etc

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back