• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

From disgusting songs about the Hillsborough and Heysel tragedies to goading references to The S*n newspaper and, to a lesser extent, pro-Monarchy sentiments that have misguidedly been designed to bait, there's been a lot of unsavoury stuff aimed in the Reds' direction of late.

This is a quote from a piece on MSN, frankly it's just plain weird and getting a bit scary now. I think I've lived in a different world.

The Hillsborough song (not the generic song that made an appearance after they defended racism) but the one that's been in existence for decades is a disgrace.

However, what's distasteful is to link it link it to songs about Heysel or to a far greater degree pro Monarchy songs.

I hate the Monarchy and I have to say fans singing the national anthem is frankly quite weird, but someone singing a national anthem, or loving the Queen is qualitatively different to defiling a tragedy. I'm sure lots of people who have been affected by that disaster and have supported the campaign will be sympathetic to the Queen.

It's a bit offensive to link those 2 together. I cringe when I hear the Anthem, but I can also understand that this pales into insignificance to the trauma of a survivor of the Hillsborough disaster would feel having songs about the Sun newspaper being right. I'm a bit aghast a media outlet would link the two.

Just for reference:

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

The first time I saw this gif, I thought I was watching one of the 'The Hills Have Eyes' sequels!
I'm fixated on the guy on the right of the youthful Klopp looking one with the glasses and how small his head looks.

There’s so much to take in here for a 3 second gif, incredible stuff

I think it’s red tracksuit glasses man I like best with how he looks like he doesn’t really understand what’s happening so reacts 2 seconds later than everyone else but a close second is obvious lip reading ‘oh my god’ man in the top left with his head exploding hand gestures

Beautiful art here
I think I've literally spent hours just watching that over the years. It's sensational

The Hillsborough song (not the generic song that made an appearance after they defended racism) but the one that's been in existence for decades is a disgrace.

However, what's distasteful is to link it link it to songs about Heysel or to a far greater degree pro Monarchy songs.

I hate the Monarchy and I have to say fans singing the national anthem is frankly quite weird, but someone singing a national anthem, or loving the Queen is qualitatively different to defiling a tragedy. I'm sure lots of people who have been affected by that disaster and have supported the campaign will be sympathetic to the Queen.

It's a bit offensive to link those 2 together. I cringe when I hear the Anthem, but I can also understand that this pales into insignificance to the trauma of a survivor of the Hillsborough disaster would feel having songs about the Sun newspaper being right. I'm a bit aghast a media outlet would link the two.
It's that isn't it? Singing about H'boro is unacceptable, especially from Evertonians. Connecting with Heysel, I'm assuming because it again upsets the r/s, is beyond desperate.
It can only be one thing, that they don't like being reminded of it, because it reminds rational people of their part in a tragedy they can't milk and would rather be forgotten.
So why mention it?

Just for reference:

cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

The first time I saw this gif, I thought I was watching one of the 'The Hills Have Eyes' sequels!
What's the ginger fella bottom left so interested in?

Is he so used to going to the pub to watch them he is staring at the big screen? Or was it aliens which distracted the entire RS team and the goal should not have been allowed?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back