• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Phill Neil here:
Disgusting rat of a man who found the right club.

Cash from death.

Lance Armstrong was not using inhalers that kids used.

He was blood doping and using testosterone and EPO.

Even with a TUE they have set levels of what can be used and how much. I'm pretty sure having a toke of an inhaler is not going to turn me into Pele.

People are living in a fantasy if they think the only reason why Liverpool have won trophies is that they are doping or they have been tested to have asthma.

What Liverpool do to test players is what all clubs will do. The supplements that they take will be pretty much the same as all the other clubs in the Premier League take.
OK mate, you win, they're bloody good at running around a lot, significantly more so than all the other pro teams. I'll just overlook the unusual dips in their performances that happened to coincide with the unusual testing regime brought in by a 1:100year pandemic and a never occurred before mid season international championship. You keep your head in the sand. You really are missing the point by suggesting that all clubs are testing the same with the same rigour, with the same desire to stick within the rules or to push the rules to the limit.

OK mate, you win, they're bloody good at running around a lot, significantly more so than all the other pro teams. I'll just overlook the unusual dips in their performances that happened to coincide with the unusual testing regime brought in by a 1:100year pandemic and a never occurred before mid season international championship. You keep your head in the sand. You really are missing the point by suggesting that all clubs are testing the same with the same rigour, with the same desire to stick within the rules or to push the rules to the limit.

The testing regime changed during covid?

Also, how has the mid season World Cup changed the testing procedure?? It's all fantasy and a bit clutching at straws if you think an inhaler will dramitically increase a players performance.

The only person with the head in the sand is you! If you think Liverpool are the only club doing this and they have a friendly club doctor prepared to risk being struck off to tamper results.

You basically compared inhalers to what Lance Armstrong was doing.

The testing regime changed during covid?

Also, how has the mid season World Cup changed the testing procedure?? It's all fantasy and a bit clutching at straws if you think an inhaler will dramitically increase a players performance.

The only person with the head in the sand is you! If you think Liverpool are the only club doing this and they have a friendly club doctor prepared to risk being struck off to tamper results.

You basically compared inhalers to what Lance Armstrong was doing.
This is getting Tedious, you win a place on ignore,

Lance Armstrong was not using inhalers that kids used.

He was blood doping and using testosterone and EPO.

Even with a TUE they have set levels of what can be used and how much. I'm pretty sure having a toke of an inhaler is not going to turn me into Pele.

People are living in a fantasy if they think the only reason why Liverpool have won trophies is that they are doping or they have been tested to have asthma.

What Liverpool do to test players is what all clubs will do. The supplements that they take will be pretty much the same as all the other clubs in the Premier League take.
Talking football in general - doping isn’t going to turn you into pele but it can help fitness, strength, stamina, injuries ect. It’s winning margins.
Extra yard of pace to get to a ball, still being to able to put run in the 96th minute.
These things can give a team the edge over a game and these edges add up over a season.
I don’t think all teams take the same supplements. Look at the AC Milan lab a couple of decades ago.
Look at different cycling teams.
While there are probably “supplement staples”, there is going to be some teams that are prepared to go closer to the edge, have a team medical department that is aware of the latest medical developments before wada can identify and come up with checks.
It would also be interesting to see weather the testers are local testers at each game or whether there are different people from across the country selected. (I suspect the latter given that premier league seems to deploy localish referees).
It’s harder to corrupt / bribe an entire national team of investigators.
The other thing is how much do premier league want to find drug taking - there is brand and image to make. Seria A was the prime league in the country until corruption destroyed the integrity.
We like to think we are above such things in this country. But we have a political taking money from Russian oligarchs, refusing to bring out the report of foreign interference with brexit ect.
None of this is evidence of the rs drug taking but it’s naïve to think that all clubs are the same and it’s impossible.

Talking football in general - doping isn’t going to turn you into pele but it can help fitness, strength, stamina, injuries ect. It’s winning margins.
Extra yard of pace to get to a ball, still being to able to put run in the 96th minute.
These things can give a team the edge over a game and these edges add up over a season.
I don’t think all teams take the same supplements. Look at the AC Milan lab a couple of decades ago.
Look at different cycling teams.
While there are probably “supplement staples”, there is going to be some teams that are prepared to go closer to the edge, have a team medical department that is aware of the latest medical developments before wada can identify and come up with checks.
It would also be interesting to see weather the testers are local testers at each game or whether there are different people from across the country selected. (I suspect the latter given that premier league seems to deploy localish referees).
It’s harder to corrupt / bribe an entire national team of investigators.
The other thing is how much do premier league want to find drug taking - there is brand and image to make. Seria A was the prime league in the country until corruption destroyed the integrity.
We like to think we are above such things in this country. But we have a political taking money from Russian oligarchs, refusing to bring out the report of foreign interference with brexit ect.
None of this is evidence of the rs drug taking but it’s naïve to think that all clubs are the same and it’s impossible.

All players and teams have the urge to win.

Drug testing in football is poor compared to other sports and that is down to funding.

Cycling gets a bad rep but as a sport they have combated the use of PED's in its sport. FIFA and UEFA turn a blind eye

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back