• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Filling time in a match will surpass skill and ability.

Amazing, we are through the looking glass right now.
Let's be fair we'd take Saleh or Mane all day, Jota and Diaz we were interested in and there were plenty here saying we needed to go in for Van Dijk when he was at Celtic and even afterwards.

All this being said, football is about margins. Remember when garbo players who were fitter than the chain smoking bevvy heads of the 90s started running rings? Is Henderson really an elite level player?

If you take some PEDs, at this level, even an extra 5% even makes you run, if not faster, then at least harder and for longer. The gegenpress is their game. You can't do it with Geri paper lungs. Remember when there were documentaries about how Lance Armstrong simply had an abnormally developed heart that could oxygenate his blood better than other athletes?

Time may tell, but I'll never forget the articles around them cycling off coinciding with their last crap run, and the timelines given for cycling off or the doping check frequencies do seem to like up awfully well.

All sports will have an issue with PED's, I've said that years on here and that the majority of elite athletes will be on PED's.

People seem to forget Football is a team sport of skill and ability.

Also, people need to remember that a drug like steroids and EPO is not magic and you will still have to put the graft in to be a winner.
I think that is missing the point of PEDs. To be fair, most others are also missing the point.

PEDs allow you to train harder and train longer.

The ped doesn't make you faster, but it does allow you to do sprint training for longer, ergo get faster.

Peds don't improve your stamina, but they allow you train intensely for longer which builds your stamina.

They certainly don't improve your ball skills, but they do you allow you to continue practicing your ball skills when other people have fallen in a heap.

That is what PEDs do. It is silly for people to think players can go back on peds after the world cup and straight away become superman again - they don't work that way. If it turns out liverpool are planning to do that, they won't see a benefit until next season at the earliest.

But it is equally as silly to say peds will have no impact on a skill based game - as I mentioned, it allows players to practice those skills longer than other players can.

1985 Heysel occurs,Italian mums/wives devastated.
1987 RS have to play first 4 games away from home because a big hole appears under the Kop.
1989 Hillsborough tragedy.
Coincidence or karma?

I dont really understand your motivation here at all, but this post is in awful waste and absolutely disgraceful.

The victims of the Hillsborough tragedy, both those who died, and those traumatised by the tragedy had done nothing wrong. Over 30 years on, and the British establishment have never found anything, and believe me they have tried.

It's a really unwelcome intervention, and I can only suggest, in the firmest way possibly you stop clumsily commenting on events until you gain some basic level of understanding. And that's as polite as I can be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back