• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I’m not putting any emphasis on that result, I’m going off historical evidence and also the fact that the competition as a whole is weaker than it’s ever been. You can’t honestly believe a team like Benfica will knock them out over two legs? I don’t believe you really think that and you’re just baiting the lurkers on here.

Here's who'll beat Liverpool with ease from what's left in there:

Madrid
PSG
Man City
Napoli
Bayern

...the CL winner comes from this group of teams

Here's who'll just beat them over two legs:

Inter
Milan
Leipzig
Dortmund

Liverpool are 9/1 even with British bookies.

Last season they got Villarreal in a semi final. I’ve got no idea why you’re so confident they’ll draw top opposition and I think even you know deep down that they aren’t getting “battered” even if they do.

Benfica Inter Milan Villareal

That was their run last season. They’ve also got the upper hand on nearly every English club in the draw as they’re uefa’s favourites and would get favourable refereeing against any of Spurs Chelsea or City who uefa couldn’t care less about from a revenue perspective.

Whilst they’re playing Porto or Benfica. Madrid and PSG will probably be putting each out. It will open up again for them like it seems to do every season.

As I said in a previous post, since 2005 they’ve been to more CL finals than any other clubs except Real Madrid. When you consider that they’ve only had two decent managers in that period, and only qualified once for the CL outside of those two managers it’s even more amazing with Benitez managing 2 finals in 5 seasons and Klopp managing 3 in 6. That’s 5 finals in 12 seasons of CL football when you throw in Rodgers one campaign. I doubt Madrid even have that ratio given they went a decade unable to get past the quarter finals before Mourinho arrived and still didn’t make a final until 2014.

Meanwhile some of the best teams in Europe in that period City PSG Juventus who were winning their leagues prolifically have been to 4 finals between them in that same period.

So instead of writing them off they’re statistically probably the mostly likely team to make the final each season and the draw is opening up again for the same to happen. Country protection needs to be scrapped.

Here's who'll beat Liverpool with ease from what's left in there:

Madrid
PSG
Man City
Napoli
Bayern

...the CL winner comes from this group of teams

Here's who'll just beat them over two legs:

Inter
Milan
Leipzig
Dortmund

Liverpool are 9/1 even with British bookies.

I only fancy Real out of all those teams to knock them out honestly. I’m not saying they’re better than that first group of teams, but that doesn’t matter with them in this competition, they find extra levels and the European teams can’t deal with their intensity at Anfield. As for those four at the bottom who you’ve listed over two legs, absolute zero chance any of those could get a result against them, they’d destroy all of them.

hAny idea what date this month the UEFA Inquiry into Liverpool's Paris riot is published?

Should be soon.

If I were UEFA I'd time it for the World Cup opening so the cry arseing British media who work for The Establishment club are stretched in their football coverage.

A conclusion who's findings recommend a crackdown on fans without tickets entering the host city for their finals has to be the outcome.

Benfica Inter Milan Villareal

That was their run last season. They’ve also got the upper hand on nearly every English club in the draw as they’re uefa’s favourites and would get favourable refereeing against any of Spurs Chelsea or City who uefa couldn’t care less about from a revenue perspective.

Whilst they’re playing Porto or Benfica. Madrid and PSG will probably be putting each out. It will open up again for them like it seems to do every season.

As I said in a previous post, since 2005 they’ve been to more CL finals than any other clubs except Real Madrid. When you consider that they’ve only had two decent managers in that period, and only qualified once for the CL outside of those two managers it’s even more amazing with Benitez managing 2 finals in 5 seasons and Klopp managing 3 in 6. That’s 5 finals in 12 seasons of CL football when you throw in Rodgers one campaign. I doubt Madrid even have that ratio given they went a decade unable to get past the quarter finals before Mourinho arrived and still didn’t make a final until 2014.

Meanwhile some of the best teams in Europe in that period City PSG Juventus who were winning their leagues prolifically have been to 4 finals between them in that same period.

So instead of writing them off they’re statistically probably the mostly likely team to make the final each season and the draw is opening up again for the same to happen. Country protection needs to be scrapped.

Club Brugge will knock out someone like City as well and be their quarter final opponents, watch.

I only fancy Real out of all those teams to knock them out honestly. I’m not saying they’re better than that first group of teams, but that doesn’t matter with them in this competition, they find extra levels and the European teams can’t deal with their intensity at Anfield. As for those four at the bottom who you’ve listed over two legs, absolute zero chance any of those could get a result against them, they’d destroy all of them.
They won it 6 times in almost 70 years.

It's not an annual occurrence mate.

That shambles aren't winning any Euro trophies this season.

The Freedom of Liverpool...

featureimage-106-600x400.jpg

....after his grandad Blitzed it.

The two notable things the council have done recently is secure Eurovision and get every single decent current and ex kopite managers the freedom of the city awards.

If only they were as diligent in actually doing work that benefitted the residents of the city instead of being one of the worst councils in the country.

The two notable things the council have done recently is secure Eurovision and get every single decent current and ex kopite managers the freedom of the city awards.

If only they were as diligent in actually doing work that benefitted the residents of the city instead of being one of the worst councils in the country.
They are all the actions of right wing Labour councillors acting in conjunction with the civil service mandarins the Tories sent up to run the place.

You get Eurovision and Klopp the Freeman of Liverpool in such a bent system.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back