• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Nobody is going to batter them over two legs, let alone bloody Benfica. If they go out they’ll go out fighting, no idea why people keep saying they’ll get battered because they rarely ever get battered.
LMAO at the fear over a team that got done by Forest and Leeds.

No way they get anywhere near a CL final this season.

With respect you say this every single year and they always go deep into the competition.
Getting into later rounds in not getting to the final every single year, is it?

The CL format means they get an easy route into the KO rounds, then they get tougher competition (apart from Porto).

Dont get ahead of yourself. It means nothing even if they get to the CL SF. It's nothing.

...and they'll be out before that stage in any case.

Getting into later rounds in not getting to the final every single year, is it?

The CL format means they get an easy route into the KO rounds, then they get tougher competition (apart from Porto).

Dont get ahead of yourself. It means nothing even if they get to the CL SF. It's nothing.

...and they'll be out before that stage in any case.

Last season they got Villarreal in a semi final. I’ve got no idea why you’re so confident they’ll draw top opposition and I think even you know deep down that they aren’t getting “battered” even if they do.

Just listening to TalkSport now, they're talking about the apparent "Hillsborough" chanting against Liverpool. West Derby Labour MP now on, claiming "every single club" have been "singing about Hillsborough" this season. Sorry, but that is complete and utter tripe. I can only assume he's talking about the "always the victim" chants. I'm actually fuming right now that absolutely no-one on the TalkSport side has asked him specifically "is it actually about Hillsborough, do they reference Hillsborough, or is sung because you lot are a bunch of absolute wet-wipes that never admit to being in the wrong about anything ever?".

Just listening to TalkSport now, they're talking about the apparent "Hillsborough" chanting against Liverpool. West Derby Labour MP now on, claiming "every single club" have been "singing about Hillsborough" this season. Sorry, but that is complete and utter tripe. I can only assume he's talking about the "always the victim" chants. I'm actually fuming right now that absolutely no-one on the TalkSport side has asked him specifically "is it actually about Hillsborough, do they reference Hillsborough, or is sung because you lot are a bunch of absolute wet-wipes that never admit to being in the wrong about anything ever?".
I sat with a Spurs fan and heard some of it and the one sidedness to it was just crazy. They really do think that the other 19 teams are out to get them and seemingly want away fans banned from Anfield, funny that the last time there was no fans in the ground they actually won the league for the first time in 33 years.

Last season they got Villarreal in a semi final. I’ve got no idea why you’re so confident they’ll draw top opposition and I think even you know deep down that they aren’t getting “battered” even if they do.
They wont need top opponents this season to get knocked out. Napoli played them the other night not to get beaten 4-0 and just ease through to the group winners. Dont put any emphasis on that result.

They can gtf with that belief they'll cower everyone into forgetting their role in murdering 39 people.

They wont need top opponents this season to get knocked out. Napoli played them the other night not to get beaten 4-0 and just ease through to the group winners. Dont put any emphasis on that result.

I’m not putting any emphasis on that result, I’m going off historical evidence and also the fact that the competition as a whole is weaker than it’s ever been. You can’t honestly believe a team like Benfica will knock them out over two legs? I don’t believe you really think that and you’re just baiting the lurkers on here.

The West Derby labour MP seems to have nothing better to do than spend his time defending perceived attacks on his favourite football team. Literally never heard him so bothered about any other issue as he is LFC.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back