• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Totally exonerating them against all visual evidence is one thing - sadly, I half expected that - but this lauding of their exemplary behaviour saving the day sticks violently in my craw I have to say.

Of course, now they have been enabled once again in such spectacular fashion, they'll do it again with impunity. It's like exonerating Harold Shipman while giving him an MBE for not killing any young people...
Seen a post by Empire of the kop accusing a blue of making a Hillsborough gesture at the game last night. In the clip it looks like he's mimicking pushing a wall.

Operation brush under the carpet means Heysel never happened and make any reference to it they will say it's about Hillsborough to shut it down.

Now, thousands can go to a game without legitimate tickets and not take any blame. The stairwells in their areas were full and there was evidence of thousands of duplicates. No trouble at the Madrid end and multiple sporting events prior and since went ahead without trouble.

Comedy gold this in the Report:

"The safety, security and service model laid out in the Saint-Denis Convention, was ignored in favour of a securitized approach which was inappropriately based on incorrect assumptions that Liverpool FC supporters posed significant threats to public order".

loel.gif

"A disproportionately large number of Liverpool supporters were directed to the ‘Stade de France: Saint-Denis’ station, on train line RER D, which was closest to the southwest of the stadium, compared to the volume of people attending other major events at the stadium"

Maybe, just maybe instead of blaming those responsible for the transportation filtering of fans the tens of thousands of Kopites looking to blag in on bogus tickets might be worthy of note...because that's what that ^^^ suggests to me.

The devil was always going to be in the detail.

That's about the gist of it.

The Parisian riot police saved the day and the people ordering them to do that are thrown under the bus...all because the British Establishment Club need a cuddle after being caught ruining another European Cup final.

Its stupid really and not credible, i mean ultimately they are the organisers of the event, they are hardly going to hang themselves out to dry for organising the fiasco. Nor are they going to lay the blame at anyone in the "football family", far to much money to be made in sponsorship to have reputations blemished by hooliganism at a show piece event, the CL is the richest competition in the World of football, have to keep the tills ringing. What a fudge and an absolute irrelevance - what jurisdiction do they have legally and massive conflicts of interest at play.

Should be investigated by the French authorities, who have jurisdiction legally with independent oversight on the governance of the investigation.

Report may as well be written in crayon with smiley faces.

1.3.5.5. With respect to counterfeit tickets, the Panel notes there is some social media, police intelligence, and anecdotal evidence from stewards. It acknowledges there is turnstile data showing a total of 2,589 presentations of tickets with unknown QR codes. Of these, 1,644 were at the end of the stadium at which Liverpool supporters entered. We also note that the stated numbers incorporate attempted multiple presentations including those taking their chance at different turnstiles.

Its stupid really and not credible, i mean ultimately they are the organisers of the event, they are hardly going to hang themselves out to dry for organising the fiasco. Nor are they going to lay the blame anyone in the "football family", far to much money to be made in sponsorship to have reputations blemished by hooliganism at a show piece event, the CL is the richest competition in the World of football, have to keep the tills ringing. What a fudge and an absolute irrelevance - what jurisdiction do they have legally and massive conflicts of interest at play.

Should be investigated by the French authorities, who have jurisdiction legally with independent oversight on the governance of the investigation.

Report may as well be written in crayon with smiley faces.
The report mentions Heysel 3 times; Hillsborough 33 times. ?‍♂️

1.3.5.5. With respect to counterfeit tickets, the Panel notes there is some social media, police intelligence, and anecdotal evidence from stewards. It acknowledges there is turnstile data showing a total of 2,589 presentations of tickets with unknown QR codes. Of these, 1,644 were at the end of the stadium at which Liverpool supporters entered. We also note that the stated numbers incorporate attempted multiple presentations including those taking their chance at different turnstiles.

The screen shot of the Liverpool end, showing them weird segments between the seats at the stadium filled with fans, should prove the root cause. Unless, and I doubt it was, it was photo shopped or sommet.

That in no way excuses the French plod, nor the local gangs. Obvs. But if an end is full, its full.

4.5.73. Whilst eyewitness accounts suggest similar difficulties were occurring at multiple gates around the stadium, the situation continued to become particularly acute in the vicinity of gates X, Y & Z. Within the context of this melee, there is eyewitness evidence that some Liverpool supporters did breach the turnstiles.

:coffee:

The screen shot of the Liverpool end, showing them weird segments between the seats at the stadium filled with fans, should prove the root cause. Unless, and I doubt it was, it was photo shopped or sommet.

That in no way excuses the French plod, nor the local gangs. Obvs. But if an end is full, its full.
Kopites blagging in - do bears defecate in the woods?

4.5.74. As a delegate from the English FA observed. “At 18:50 an ignited pyrotechnic was thrown through entrance gate Y which landed under one of the industrial waste bins. Red smoke then billowed from beneath, thereby distracting the stewards and between ten and fifteen LFC supporters jumped through the end left hand side turnstile. The supporters ran across the inner concourse to both the upper-level steps and lower concourse ramp. At this point the stewards closed all the gate Y turnstiles”

The Heroes of Paris who stopped a disaster happening though. :coffee:

4.5.87. Liverpool supporter Daniel Nicolson described to the Panel his experiences trying to enter through gate A. “At gate A there were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hundreds of people, sort of lined up queuing to get in. This is when I first noticed, the gathering of people that, were clearly not Liverpool fans and they, I’ve got enough experience of Paris to be able to say with confidence, but not without any judgment, there was a huge gathering of people from the local North African Community, so, I’ve spent enough time around SaintDenis to know the make-up of the population and there was a significant amount of people that, I feel, were from that local community

4.5.93. As Liverpool supporter Tony Fitzgerald explained to the Panel. “So, between, I would say, 20:30 and when the game eventually kicked off at 21:30’ish, there was a constant battle between Liverpool fans eventually getting into the ground and saying to these locals who taken the seats, “you’re in my seat mate.”

Replace "dee NF and Chelsea lad" with "North African youths lad" and you could be transported back to 1985 here.

Comedy gold this in the Report:

"The safety, security and service model laid out in the Saint-Denis Convention, was ignored in favour of a securitized approach which was inappropriately based on incorrect assumptions that Liverpool FC supporters posed significant threats to public order".

loel.gif

It’s not an incorrect assumption when it keeps happening is it.

They did turn up without tickets, they did try to scale barriers, they did try to get in the stadium without tickets.

The French police stopped a stadium disaster from happening precisely because they knew what that feral lot are like based on past behaviour.

There’d be a very different report being written if casualties had occurred and the French police admitted to not basing any of their response scenarios on that fanbases history of troublemaking both home and abroad.

The report recommendations for clipping the wings of Kopites in futue UEFA Finals...this is the meat of it for me:

9.7. Recommendation 6: 9.7.1. We recommend that it is made a requirement for UCLF host stadiums to have well managed security perimeters, welcome services & crowd guidance and orientation. This should be integrated with efficient channelling and proper stewarding deployment avoiding congestions at turnstiles.

9.10. Recommendation 9: 9.10.1. The Panel therefore recommends that UEFA move as rapidly as possible to digital ticketing at future UCLFs. UEFA should ensure host venues are fully capable of supporting this, from the bidding process onward. Given that digital ticketing is at present relatively novel, and ticketing for the clubs is not straightforward, UEFA should obtain an independent expert audit of digital ticketing arrangements in good time before its UCLF23 event.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back