• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I almost want them to get to another major European final just to see them drag their name through the mud again.

Actually, f that. Hope the rot has already set in for the horrible kin carts and we can put the boot into them further tonight.

Kinda. More like why was the Liverpool end chocka with ticketless fans? UEFA are poor for allowing tickets to be faked so easily, but RM had the same tickets I assume.
They had the same tickets and amount of entry points.

Unless the machines were that defective at the Liverpool end they were not accepting 2,300 of them it's puzzling.

However, the crux of it is probably that the genuine ticket holders were getting turned away AND there were massive numbers of non-ticket owning Liverpool supporters creating a threatening situation. The unmentioned backdrop here is Heysel...the word that must never be spoken. EVER.

They had the same tickets and amount of entry points.

Unless the machines were that defective at the Liverpool end they were not accepting 2,300 of them it's puzzling.

However, the crux of it is probably that the genuine ticket holders were getting turned away AND there were massive numbers of non-ticket owning Liverpool supporters creating a threatening situation. The unmentioned backdrop here is Heysel...the word that must never be spoken. EVER.

The ground was full. Hence genuine ticket holders getting clog. That (clog) aint right, nor was the ease that fakes were produced, (had evidence on here ffs). So UEFA are not blameless, but neither are that club.

Kinda. More like why was the Liverpool end chocka with ticketless fans? UEFA are poor for allowing tickets to be faked so easily, but RM had the same tickets I assume.

Well I had a nice little argument with my missus about this before. She reckons only 1,600 tickets were counterfeit and apparently that's the norm for such finals (about 8% of their allocation).

So when I said why were all the stairwells chocka, she said that were the counterfeit tickets. But I said what about the thousands who were apparently stuck outside then in the crush to get in and who actually never got in, so how can the away end be chocka when thousands were outside? Apparently I'm like everyone else who just wants to blame their fans.

And when I said why did your manager tell everyone to go over even if they didn't have a ticket, she said yes the other 20,000 were all in the fan park, nowhere near the stadium and only 1,600 counterfeits have been confirmed.

Watching Sky Sports News and the various guests celebrating the vindication of the RS in Paris and how they in fact averted disaster given their behaviour on the day. Yes there were things that happened that should not have happened but Jesus wept these people have short memories. I wonder if Juventus are raising a glass to the commendable RS today ?

Watching Sky Sports News and the various guests celebrating the vindication of the RS in Paris and how they in fact averted disaster given their behaviour on the day. Yes there were things that happened that should not have happened but Jesus wept these people have short memories. I wonder if Juventus are raising a glass to the commendable RS today ?

Can you imagine if Chelsea beat Fulham at home to stay in mid table? There’d be one match report on it and that would be that. Instead Sky are having some sort of national holiday for a routine home win and the media are starting the hype train for them in the CL.

No club in the world has the media in their back pocket as much as this lot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back