• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Just read the BS Guardian report. A leaked report btw, so that's a sign the Establishment Club's media want to get out ahead of a more balanced UEFA Report to set the narrative.

The real news will be the elaboration of the 21 recommendations on how they conduct security for UEFA finals in the future. I haven't seen those recommendations yet, but I bet they're choc full of anti-Kopite rioting measures such as multiple Kopite filtering points to weed out the blag ticket chancers and ticket robbers.

That'll be the meat of this review.

Last edited:
So according to Sky Sports News not only are the RS exonerated, as expected, they gleefully point out but they actually saved the day by showing so much restraint under extreme provocation. Pity they never exhibited the same restraint in 1985

That's why they're called the Establishment Club.

As I said above: this is leaked news. There is no report yet. This news story has all the classic signs of narrative management about it.

I'll wait to read the UEFA report without the Kopite filter.

So according to Sky Sports News not only are the RS exonerated, as expected, they gleefully point out but they actually saved the day by showing so much restraint under extreme provocation. Pity they never exhibited the same restraint in 1985
I was laughing my arse at the extent to which they were going on about the remarkable behaviour of the Liverpool fans to prevent further tragedy!

Cant wait for the real report to come out. Especially the security recommendations to stop future Kopite riots.

Forget the Guardian Kopite filter lies. Wait for the UEFA report. That will be a lot more nuanced in spreading the blame.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back