• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Not worth arguing about it. We'll never convince them otherwise. Just amuses me how the PL is allegedly so corrupt on one hand, but on the other hand they're bastions of fair play and transparency when it comes to charging City. I don't care whether we're guilty or not, all I care about is getting off. If the UAE can cause a diplomatic stir and withdraw UK investment to get us off the hook then so be it. The RS and Rags were behind FFP and vetted Richard Masters - do they care about honesty and transparency? Do they balls. I'm quite happy to cheat the cheats. Nobody is interested in what we have to say, nor to they believe we have a right to defend ourselves. B*llocks to them.

Incidentally, I think it will be difficult for the PL to prove the allegations to the standard required. You're talking about complicity between publicly-listed companies, agents, players, auditors, executives and members of a royal family. Not easy for an independent commission to find us in breach.
I would agree with you if a number of Premier League clubs weren't restricting their spending to try and comply with FFP. I'm not including the rs, who's owners are happy with it as they can comply and compete unlike most clubs.

To be honest I like when wandering fans from other teams pop up and have some aggro.

It's a very pleasant diversion from Everton and our own particular shooting ourselves in the foot stupidity.
Even better when you have 3 sets of opposition fans attacking each other. Had a bit of city vs spurs handbags with crystal palace flying in off the top rope out of nowhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back