• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

That "imagine being us" is one of the cringest things I've ever heard.

Who'd want to imagine being a bunch of racist defending, full kit wearing, slab dropping, ambulance rocking, coach smashing, excrement flinging, fountain wanking, wall pushing, ticket thieving, pocket-pissing, upside-down scarf waving, cringe song singing, crying, cult-like scruffs?
Well when you put it like that!

Who'd want to imagine being a bunch of racist defending, full kit wearing, slab dropping, ambulance rocking, coach smashing, excrement flinging, fountain wanking, wall pushing, ticket thieving, pocket-pissing, upside-down scarf waving, cringe song singing, crying, cult-like scruffs?
That’s the cult for you, they airbrush out anything bad that they have ever done, forgetting that the rest of the universe knows and remembers exactly what kind of scum they are and wouldn’t want to be them in a million years.

I particularly like the “toxic anti Klopp narratives” line 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I really need to know that they are!

I don’t get it sorry

Googled it now 👍
It was a name they self depreciatingly gave themselves back when they were paupers and very much the second team in Manchester. They couldn't afford new shirts so would often turn out in tattered old ones which were little more than rags. They started to call themselves "rags".

For some reason it was the upside down scarf waving bit that got me lol

I don't feel any shame at all. FFP is an establishment tool designed to protect the cartel from any interlopers. It masquerades as 'fair' when it is anything but that at all. Cheating, to me, is bribing match officials and taking drugs. You have a club less than a mile from your own that is allowed to cheat in plain sight - hacking another team's scouting database, a ludicrous £50m FFP allowance for a stadium that doesn't exist, the abuse of therapeutic use exemptions, and intimidation of match officials after one bad decision to successfully ensure that they won't be on the end of an adverse decision for the rest of the season, etc. Our owner regenerated a deprived area in east Manchester, their owners de-gentrify the area and drive out local residents. Does anyone call them out over any of this?

I don't know if Sheikh Mansour personally put money into our sponsors' coffers to prop up contracts. It's not impossible to envisage that this happened but, equally, he's a well-connected man who has friends in Abu Dhabi who want a piece of the pie - perfectly allowable under the rules at the time. The point here is that this is a difficult and complex case brought about after a magazine published six emails from a hack that stole millions of files from the club. Did you know that the said magazine spliced together two emails that were sent two years apart to present a totally different context to make us look guilty? When others play dirty then I'm less sensitive about upholding the Corinthian spirit.

All I really want is for people to be open-minded and look at the facts of the case as and when they are presented. If people aren't prepared to do that then they're prejudiced. That being the case, I can't penetrate closed minds that are already made up, so it's just as convenient for me to spare everyone an argument and say we're guilty but I hope we get off by hook or by crook. Truth is, none of us yet know.
I agree financial fair play may be there to protect the establishment, but the fact you don’t see anything strange in City dealings in my opinion is embarrassing. By the way every prem team would like city owners whether they admit it or not, but let’s not pretend it wasn’t breaking the rules, that’s embarrassing.

I agree financial fair play may be there to protect the establishment, but the fact you don’t see anything strange in City dealings in my opinion is embarrassing. By the way every prem team would like city owners whether they admit it or not, but let’s not pretend it wasn’t breaking the rules, that’s embarrassing.
So you're prejudiced then. You've proved it. I'm awaiting the written decision before making any judgements. Isn't that what an open-minded person would do? You've offered nothing by way of evidence, not stated which rules have been broken and why, and not given any regard to the evidence offered by City in their defence and/or in mitigation. I'm not sure stating "you're well dodgy, it's embarrassing" carries much weight in litigation. I'll restate: I genuinely don't know what the outcome will be. Neither do you.

The whole of the sly 6 spend exorbitant amounts of money that the rest of us can only dream of, not just City. Saying this knowing full well we blew it, thanks to our owners and whoever thought they were fit and able to run our club over the last 2 decades.
Funny innit after 16 years of austerity from Kenwright, we thought we won the lottery and had 4 years..out of 24 years, were we spent highly, finished up worse and are still being taken to task for it.

Don't forget mankini wearing, lamppost molesting, Fanta guzzling, "promise" making...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back