• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

As long as Klopp doesn’t get the PL this season and slinks off then his trophy return is pretty poor for the money he’s spent and the time he’s been there. 8 seasons and one league title* despite all the money spent, the doping, and the claims to have reinvented everything from running hard, throw ins, not being dribbled past, and celebrating goals.
I think he's using it as a motivational tool, the players will be thinking "let's do it for Klopp" 🤮 and if God forbid they do win it, he'll say "well I can't leave now can I" and back to normal next season.

I think for me personally, the hypotheticals change regarding the RS winning. Should (a rather big should) we be in a comfortable mid-table place, then I wish them to lose. In our recent past predicaments, I couldnt care whether they win generally. But I do care that their beating our rivals in the mire is paramount especially this time with the 10 points deduction nightmare. Of course, there is often an unexpected bonus in the latter....their premature gloating being pole-axed by slapstick, arse-seeing, tail-end defeats. The perfect storm for me - for us safety...topped off by a dollop of schadenfreude.

Neville accusing Italian teams of doping back in the 2000s, all unusually fit and didn’t look like they’d played a game.

Meanwhile in his punditry role there’s nothing wrong with massive season long winning streaks, playing at super high intensity three games a week, club’s B teams demolishing other PL teams on their own patch, maintaining the same performance regardless of injuries or who plays, 35 year olds outrunning 22 year olds.

One day someone surely will wake up to the problem that is blighting football in this country currently.

I think someone should start a poll about this.

I'm with you, I never want them to win, but on the other hand we need them to get the points against our relegation contenders

Hence me wanting them to win. Frame it however you want, our rivals to get beat if that makes people feel better. But same thing. I was RS to win those 4 games.

Far too early in the season for you lot to be wearing purple and chanting "Merseyside Merseyside"

Control yourselves

Stick your head back in the 'we will be fine' with absolutely no reason to believe that sand

As long as Klopp doesn’t get the PL this season and slinks off then his trophy return is pretty poor for the money he’s spent and the time he’s been there. 8 seasons and one league title* despite all the money spent, the doping, and the claims to have reinvented everything from running hard, throw ins, not being dribbled past, and celebrating goals.

Him losing the league is not more important than us staying in it. Does any one think their fans are hoping they get beat in those games so we could go down? Even if it costs them the league? I cant imagine so.

The only player in history that didn’t touch the ball with his idea passes but simultaneously the ball made a different sound coming off his foot when he passed it. What a player.

10M in salary for the year, but will probably only play the 20 mins against Arsenal. Who knows if they got offers for him from Saudi last summer, and whether he'd have accepted it or not if they'd been willing to let him go, but if they did whoever made the call to keep him is probably hunkering down in the bogs hoping nobody remembers that now.

Between Barca, Bayern and the RS he's had a great career, but his muscles have obviously gone to jelly and he needs to be put out to pasture.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back