• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

The only player in history that didn’t touch the ball with his idea passes but simultaneously the ball made a different sound coming off his foot when he passed it. What a player.
If there was a vote for the best midfielder ever in the PL I'd definitely vote for Thiago. I remember his debut when he passed sideward with lots of 5 yards passes and his completion rate was above 90%. The media didn't mention it but I made a note in my notebook and it really happened.

Lots of Evertonions do because we cause gnashings of(Klopp like) teeth from your neighbours 😬😂
To be honest, I liked them way back. I like the way your fans stood by the team when they went 2 leagues down and still got decent crowds. I liked Peter Barnes as a player when I was a kid. I also like how you now miff off the RS.

I hope you lift the title again, just get beat tomorrow though.

To be honest, I liked them way back. I like the way your fans stood by the team when they went 2 leagues down and still got decent crowds. I liked Peter Barnes as a player when I was a kid. I also like how you now miff off the RS.

I hope you lift the title again, just get beat tomorrow though.
Scouse Manc rivalry aside i think older Evertonions and City fans have similar traits and a mutual respect for each other as we have always been dubbed the 'second club' in the city. We have a similar dark northern self depreciating sense of humour too. I've always liked Everton, i used to like Liverpool too when they were top dogs back in the day because they denied united a lot of success. Since they trashed our team bus in a pre planned attack i hold them in disdain now. I despise them more than united and that's saying something!

At our lowest point of being in the old 3rd division we were still selling out (reduced capacity) Maine Road which was about 33500, we mocked ourselves way better than united fans did, we even started the inflatable craze. We took thousands to away games. We got 13000 tickets for Stoke away around Christmas on 88(iirc) with 10000 3 foot bananas in the crowd, such fun and banter.

United fans constantly took the p*ss calling us 'massives' or 'little' Citeh'. They had a '30 odd years' banner hanging from the Stretford end mocking us. They constantly sang songs mocking us, they still do, almost as much as singing about their club which is just plain weird. Was water off a ducks back to most of us blues.

ONe thing i wanted to mention on this forum is cherish your Goodison Park memories and take some photo's whilst you can because you'll miss her fondly, no matter how beautiful your new stadium may be.

Neville accusing Italian teams of doping back in the 2000s, all unusually fit and didn’t look like they’d played a game.

Meanwhile in his punditry role there’s nothing wrong with massive season long winning streaks, playing at super high intensity three games a week, club’s B teams demolishing other PL teams on their own patch, maintaining the same performance regardless of injuries or who plays, 35 year olds outrunning 22 year olds.

One day someone surely will wake up to the problem that is blighting football in this country currently.
Amazing isn't it, 10 years ago if a player clocked 11 km in a game he stood out like a sore thumb and was probably man of the match, I watched a Liverpool game and they had 2 players clocked 14km neither of them had bead of sweat on them.

Amazing isn't it, 10 years ago if a player clocked 11 km in a game he stood out like a sore thumb and was probably man of the match, I watched a Liverpool game and they had 2 players clocked 14km neither of them had bead of sweat on them.

Klopp just tells his players to run dead hard and other managers have never thought about that, that’s how they’ve been able to compete with the most expensively assembled squad of all time with the worlds best manager at the helm, just some good hard running.

Klopp just tells his players to run dead hard and other managers have never thought about that, that’s how they’ve been able to compete with the most expensively assembled squad of all time with the worlds best manager at the helm, just some good hard running.
Erm, i think youll find united have the most expensive squad of all time if you Google it😉👍

We are 3rd behind Chelsea, btw.

Erm, i think youll find united have the most expensive squad of all time if you Google it😉👍

Ha you know what I mean.

In a combined 11 you’re struggling for any Liverpool player to get in the City team, perhaps Salah and after that it’s an argument on the goalkeeper that’s it. You can forget Liverpool’s sub players compared to City’s in terms of quality.

One team has Rodri De Bruyne Haaland down the spine, probably the best players in the prem in their position plus is being managed by the best manager potentially ever.

The other is utilising Curtis Jones Harvey Elliot Wataru Endo regularly.

After this many games one of these squads should be well clear of the other one yet Liverpool are the team top of the league.

Make that make sense to anyone who says they’re all playing clean and there’s no refereeing corruption in the prem.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back