• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Ha you know what I mean.

In a combined 11 you’re struggling for any Liverpool player to get in the City team, perhaps Salah and after that it’s an argument on the goalkeeper that’s it. You can forget Liverpool’s sub players compared to City’s in terms of quality.

One team has Rodri De Bruyne Haaland down the spine, probably the best players in the prem in their position plus is being managed by the best manager potentially ever.

The other is utilising Curtis Jones Harvey Elliot Wataru Endo regularly.

After this many games one of these squads should be well clear of the other one yet Liverpool are the team top of the league.

Make that make sense to anyone who says they’re all playing clean and there’s no refereeing corruption in the prem.
Salah is world class and would be a big upgrade on Mahrez but not for too long as age is catching him up.

Ederson is the best ball playing keeper in the world and so cool under pressure, but sometimes makes rash decisions, Brentford away being the last one when he dashed out like a mad man. Alisson is a marginally better shot stopper i think and better at saving pens as Ederson has only saved one(iirc)

De Bruyne is up there with the best ever midfielders, his vision and passing is as good as anyone past or present, imo.Him out injured is the main reason we have dropped so many points, Haaland out injured hasn't affected us much due to the goals from others, mainly Alvarez who has soon become a top striker for us.

Klopp is an excellent manager tbf, perhaps 2nd in the world to Klopp right now. But Guardiola is special and players and players and staff who've worked with him will testify to that. People beat us with the 'chequebook manager' stick but Pep is so much more than that. Yes, he's had big budgets at Barcelona Bayern and us but he's evolving our current squad with some low cost players and academy graduates. Alvarez only cost 14M, Akanji about the same. Ortega came on a free from the 2nd division obscurity of Arminia Bielefeld who has become a great back up keeper who'd get into most premiership teams, solid distribution too. Foden Lewis Bobb and Palmer are all doing well as a few others on loan.

City have also made a small fortune from selling academy players, Palmer was sold for 45M, not bad for a raw kid who hardly got any game time for us. We may need to rely on our academy players if we get found guilty of these alleged 115 charges. We may suffer a transfer embargo and possible relegation if proven guilty, but I'll tell you what, our owners have delivered every promise, developed our academy and stadium and built/ building 6000 houses in the rundown areas around east Manchester area at subsided rents to poorer families.

There's definitely an 'out to get ya' vendetta against us, especially from the cartel clubs, but they cannot take our cherished memories of recent success away from us and that's mostly down to sheikhy boss man🤗

Salah is world class and would be a big upgrade on Mahrez but not for too long as age is catching him up.

Ederson is the best ball playing keeper in the world and so cool under pressure, but sometimes makes rash decisions, Brentford away being the last one when he dashed out like a mad man. Alisson is a marginally better shot stopper i think and better at saving pens as Ederson has only saved one(iirc)

De Bruyne is up there with the best ever midfielders, his vision and passing is as good as anyone past or present, imo.Him out injured is the main reason we have dropped so many points, Haaland out injured hasn't affected us much due to the goals from others, mainly Alvarez who has soon become a top striker for us.

Klopp is an excellent manager tbf, perhaps 2nd in the world to Klopp right now. But Guardiola is special and players and players and staff who've worked with him will testify to that. People beat us with the 'chequebook manager' stick but Pep is so much more than that. Yes, he's had big budgets at Barcelona Bayern and us but he's evolving our current squad with some low cost players and academy graduates. Alvarez only cost 14M, Akanji about the same. Ortega came on a free from the 2nd division obscurity of Arminia Bielefeld who has become a great back up keeper who'd get into most premiership teams, solid distribution too. Foden Lewis Bobb and Palmer are all doing well as a few others on loan.

City have also made a small fortune from selling academy players, Palmer was sold for 45M, not bad for a raw kid who hardly got any game time for us. We may need to rely on our academy players if we get found guilty of these alleged 115 charges. We may suffer a transfer embargo and possible relegation if proven guilty, but I'll tell you what, our owners have delivered every promise, developed our academy and stadium and built/ building 6000 houses in the rundown areas around east Manchester area at subsided rents to poorer families.

There's definitely an 'out to get ya' vendetta against us, especially from the cartel clubs, but they cannot take our cherished memories of recent success away from us and that's mostly down to sheikhy boss man🤗

The US owned Cartel do not like Sheikhy Boss Man, Sir Farhad or Notts Drug Baron from spending their dough.

Klopp just tells his players to run dead hard and other managers have never thought about that, that’s how they’ve been able to compete with the most expensively assembled squad of all time with the worlds best manager at the helm, just some good hard running.

Thing is, its no longer true as their squad has gotten older. Its pure refereeing decisions now for the most part, and to a lesser degree squad size in being able to rotate fresh players in from the start, and utilize the 5 subs during the game.

These are the stats from this season (well to Nov 11th at least). Scroll down to the team distance covered. They're 6th from bottom, we're second from top. Team presses they're 8th, we're second. Granted in sprints they're third, we're 6th, so they do short sprints rather than being a pressure and distance team. Look at average age of the starting 11 though, even after 180M of a new midfield and shuffling off the likes of Henderson and Milner during the summer, they're still 8th oldest. They're not going to be able to keep spending at the same rate every summer, so that team is going to continue getting older and probably continuing the distance decline for whoever the new manager is. Whoever the new manager is is probably going to have some success before they allow them spend anything in a summer like Klopp has done too.

Scouse Manc rivalry aside i think older Evertonions and City fans have similar traits and a mutual respect for each other as we have always been dubbed the 'second club' in the city. We have a similar dark northern self depreciating sense of humour too. I've always liked Everton, i used to like Liverpool too when they were top dogs back in the day because they denied united a lot of success. Since they trashed our team bus in a pre planned attack i hold them in disdain now. I despise them more than united and that's saying something!

At our lowest point of being in the old 3rd division we were still selling out (reduced capacity) Maine Road which was about 33500, we mocked ourselves way better than united fans did, we even started the inflatable craze. We took thousands to away games. We got 13000 tickets for Stoke away around Christmas on 88(iirc) with 10000 3 foot bananas in the crowd, such fun and banter.

United fans constantly took the p*ss calling us 'massives' or 'little' Citeh'. They had a '30 odd years' banner hanging from the Stretford end mocking us. They constantly sang songs mocking us, they still do, almost as much as singing about their club which is just plain weird. Was water off a ducks back to most of us blues.

ONe thing i wanted to mention on this forum is cherish your Goodison Park memories and take some photo's whilst you can because you'll miss her fondly, no matter how beautiful your new stadium may be.
Worked on the Kippax when it was "done up" in 95, good lads. The meat and potato pies from the shop just outside the ground weren't bad either.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back