• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

quote-never-let-the-truth-get-in-the-way-of-a-good-story-mark-twain-51-13-23.jpg

You see this is were it all gets weird . Iam from Liverpool and drink with them lot and youse lot on a regular basis and we are all good mates who enjoy a bit of banter and piss taking which is the norm for normal folk. Infact ... get on this ! Last night I was I was in a pub and when Bournemouth nearly scored toward the end some complete stranger goes ' ah [Poor language removed] off ' . I said to him your an Everton fan , aren't you ? He goes yeah . He wern't no divvie about my age early 50's and a sound lad . We spoke about how things have changed between both sets of supporters these days , especially the younger lads . We even got onto how we both have close mates who we'd die for and then we got onto Hillsborough and he even said that could've been us if we had got Forest . I then goes onto say that when we got of the choo choo at Limey loads of Everton were waiting for us when they got back from Villa Park. How are ya ' lad ? Have you seen our Billy , have seen Kev from school and so on and so on. So go ' ead mate go on about that bollocks all day about having to put up with us an ' all that .
Great story this mate. Any tales of interesting encounters from last night?

Say what you want really but they throw kids on in cup finals and we play a 38 year old instead of any of ours because we think it’s the safe option. There’s an ocean in between the mentalities of the two clubs.
It's that ocean that's the killer.
A few years ago, maybe 2015 I had a heated discussion with someone on BK when he stated that he couldn't see us winning anything in his lifetime saying he was sixty five. I said that was a ridiculous statement but he's probably correct.
I'm about to enter my 73rd year and I suppose I should be saying that now. And all that along with the non stop juggernaut that is Big Red.

You see this is were it all gets weird . Iam from Liverpool and drink with them lot and youse lot on a regular basis and we are all good mates who enjoy a bit of banter and piss taking which is the norm for normal folk. Infact ... get on this ! Last night I was I was in a pub and when Bournemouth nearly scored toward the end some complete stranger goes ' ah [Poor language removed] off ' . I said to him your an Everton fan , aren't you ? He goes yeah . He wern't no divvie about my age early 50's and a sound lad . We spoke about how things have changed between both sets of supporters these days , especially the younger lads . We even got onto how we both have close mates who we'd die for and then we got onto Hillsborough and he even said that could've been us if we had got Forest . I then goes onto say that when we got of the choo choo at Limey loads of Everton were waiting for us when they got back from Villa Park. How are ya ' lad ? Have you seen our Billy , have seen Kev from school and so on and so on. So go ' ead mate go on about that bollocks all day about having to put up with us an ' all that .

Choo choo? Was he 9?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back