• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

He'll have written that with a straight face as well.

We'll just ignore the most expensive goalkeeper, the most expensive centre back and the most expensive striker they have, they do it differently

Tossers
Exactly!

They talk about us spending money as though they've been shopping in Poundland!

We've spent more than most but the general narrative is we've spent the most which is untrue.

This is the last five years net spend table.

• 1) Chelsea: £-672.95m. ...
  • 2) Manchester United: £-594.92m. ...
  • 3) Arsenal: £-550.53m. ...
  • 4) Tottenham: £-459.4m. ...
  • 5) Newcastle: £-414.7m. ...
  • 6) Manchester City: £-326.67m. ...

Exactly!

They talk about us spending money as though they've been shopping in Poundland!

We've spent more than most but the general narrative is we've spent the most which is untrue.

This is the five-year net spend table.

• 1) Chelsea: £-672.95m. ...
  • 2) Manchester United: £-594.92m. ...
  • 3) Arsenal: £-550.53m. ...
  • 4) Tottenham: £-459.4m. ...
  • 5) Newcastle: £-414.7m. ...
  • 6) Manchester City: £-326.67m. ...

tbh mate, whatever you spend you spend don't you. I don't hear any of your lot saying "we haven't spent a bean we've done it on a shoestring". I hear a lot of "Yep, we touched lucky with owners with deep pockets and we'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts".

The way the rs go on is nauseating. "We've done it the right way, on a shoestring, we don't have the budget, our owners don't spend" blah blah blah

Never gets questioned.

People still go on about us "Moshiri has bankrolled Everton to the tune of 500m". Check our net spend for the last 5 years, I think Daganeham and Redbridge have probably spent more than us.

It's just their way of controlling rhe narrative before a big game. Watch Klopp today mention the City Bus "I can't control our fans if they want to line the streets and intimidate the opposition. Of course I want them to do it the right way but it is their right to show their support".

I hope you turn up Sunday (bus intact) and absolutely stuff them. An early goal or 2, pipe down the tourists and then kill it off by half time.

tbh mate, whatever you spend you spend don't you. I don't hear any of your lot saying "we haven't spent a bean we've done it on a shoestring". I hear a lot of "Yep, we touched lucky with owners with deep pockets and we'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts".

The way the rs go on is nauseating. "We've done it the right way, on a shoestring, we don't have the budget, our owners don't spend" blah blah blah

Never gets questioned.

People still go on about us "Moshiri has bankrolled Everton to the tune of 500m". Check our net spend for the last 5 years, I think Daganeham and Redbridge have probably spent more than us.

It's just their way of controlling rhe narrative before a big game. Watch Klopp today mention the City Bus "I can't control our fans if they want to line the streets and intimidate the opposition. Of course I want them to do it the right way but it is their right to show their support".

I hope you turn up Sunday (bus intact) and absolutely stuff them. An early goal or 2, pule down the tourists and then kill it off by half time.
We got very lucky with our owners, they've given City fans many happy memories which can never be erased, and i don't care about all these 115 charges hanging over us and the possible consequences if we're found guilty.

Liverpool fans bang on about us being a manufactured club and think they've grown organically over the years. They never mention how the Moore's family of the Littlewoods Pools empire bankrolled them from 2nd division mid table obscurity in the mid 60s, i bet most aren't even aware of that part of their history.

As for the infamous 'bus welcome', if they start any of that again and one object hits our bus we should turn the bus round and refuse to play until the incident is dealt with. How they got away with it with zero arrested i don't know...

We got very lucky with our owners, they've given City fans many happy memories which can never be erased, and i don't care about all these 115 charges hanging over us and the possible consequences if we're found guilty.

Liverpool fans bang on about us being a manufactured club and think they've grown organically over the years. They never mention how the Moore's family of the Littlewoods Pools empire bankrolled them from 2nd division mid table obscurity in the mid 60s, i bet most aren't even aware of that part of their history.

As for the infamous 'bus welcome', if they start any of that again and one object hits our bus we should turn the bus round and refuse to play until the incident is dealt with. How they got away with it with zero arrested i don't know...
Really? What planet have you arrived from?

Most confidence in a while that City do these on Sunday. There is a gulf in class and the RS have been getting away with murder all season. I think their bubble bursts massively and for once city hold their nerve.

If they get anything it will be due to the officiating or 3 deflections into the top corner from balls crossed in

Just been on my lunch, town is already full of these mutants from God knows where wheeling their suitcases behind them, horrible scruffs.
I'm working from home today so thankfully missing all that. Same again Monday so will miss any stragglers setting off for the long journey home ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back