• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave i hope you are correct but we will see everybody thought gerrard was caught bang to rights and would be punished but look what happend , on the other side of it this is racial and maybe that horrible little **** and terry will be made an example of

Taking on a local DJ and taking on United are a bit different. Of course, Suarez got no joy from Chelsea a while back, but his reputation is shot to bits if he comes up empty handed from this allegation. The FA must have something. They're not going into lockdown for another four days to simply come up with 'charge rejected' - they could do that now. IMO, there'll be a fudge and a compromise, but some mud will stick to Suarez.

This is great, he's been here less than a year and he's up to the elbows in this stuff. They'll back him to the hilt and spread paranoid fantasies about why it's everybody else's fault and make themselves look like the beauts they are.

Ace popcorn, all things considered.

Exactly matey, it is just popped corn of the tastiest variety.

Enjoy it while you can, if this was anyone but United it would have been swept underneath the FA carpet without a murmur.

I think it's amazing how everybody suddenly knows the intricacies of the word 'Negrito' in this case. None of us live in Latin America but yet people are still absolutely adamant that the context in which Suarez said it was racist. Obviously 'Negro' is racist over here, but people are making big assumptions that Suarez must have been racist. People seem to forget that Evra has accused Raymond Domenech, Steve Finnan and a Chelsea Steward of racism on different occasions and they've all been cleared. I don't think Suarez is entirely innocent, and he might have been pushing it, but in reality nobody but Suarez and Evra themselves know the context of what was said. There's a whole branch of sweets and drinks made by the company Bimbo under the brand name 'Negrito'.I doubt that an established brand would release a series of racist products like that.

Looking at it objectively, rather than through tinted glasses like the majority of you are, I think it's a case of no right and no wrong parties. I think Suarez will probably get a tap on the wrist to appease both sides.

I've lived in Latin America you dull fool and can assure you that using negrito how he did is offensive.

What is disturbing is how all you lot rush to defend him when its clear he's a detestable little tit.

I think it's amazing how everybody suddenly knows the intricacies of the word 'Negrito' in this case. None of us live in Latin America but yet people are still absolutely adamant that the context in which Suarez said it was racist. Obviously 'Negro' is racist over here, but people are making big assumptions that Suarez must have been racist. People seem to forget that Evra has accused Raymond Domenech, Steve Finnan and a Chelsea Steward of racism on different occasions and they've all been cleared. I don't think Suarez is entirely innocent, and he might have been pushing it, but in reality nobody but Suarez and Evra themselves know the context of what was said. There's a whole branch of sweets and drinks made by the company Bimbo under the brand name 'Negrito'.I doubt that an established brand would release a series of racist products like that.

Looking at it objectively, rather than through tinted glasses like the majority of you are, I think it's a case of no right and no wrong parties. I think Suarez will probably get a tap on the wrist to appease both sides.

In English law ignorance of the law isn't a valid excuse, and as such ought to apply here, just as if a fan had done the same. Suarez and Evra are both based in the UK, not Latin America, if he'd said it in Uruguay or Argentina then it would be a fair reason, however he didn't, so it's not.

I've lived in Latin America you dull fool and can assure you that using negrito how he did is offensive.

What is disturbing is how all you lot rush to defend him when its clear he's a detestable little tit.

I don't know mate, if you can buy a "negrito" sweet then he's obviously innocent.

We defend him because, although he's not the most likeable character, people exaggerate how bad he is beyond belief. For a start, the World Cup thing wasn't cheating. He broke the rules and took the punishment. If he would have insisted his innocence he would have been cheating. I'm sure you remember Neville doing the same thing in a Derby a few years back... you would have lauded him if the penalty would have been saved. Suarez makes the most out of some tackles, but he's not the biggest culprit. Larsson, Nani, and even Rooney do a similar thing but you wouldn't raise an eyelid because you're not obsessed with them. He gets kicked to bits as well, and people still moan about him hitting the ground when he takes a clear kick. As for the 'Negrito' thing, I'm not making out I know anything about the context of the term, but if it was clearly racist they surely would've sorted this all out by now wouldn't they? Expect a statement about 'cultural interpretation' and a 2/3 match ban.

For all those salivating over a 6 match ban too, just remember, 4 of those games: Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham, Man City (League Cup). I think I just might be able to cope with that. :lol:

GODDAMNEDCATi128388586169687500.jpg

We defend him because, although he's not the most likeable character, people exaggerate how bad he is beyond belief. For a start, the World Cup thing wasn't cheating. He broke the rules and took the punishment. If he would have insisted his innocence he would have been cheating. I'm sure you remember Neville doing the same thing in a Derby a few years back... you would have lauded him if the penalty would have been saved. Suarez makes the most out of some tackles, but he's not the biggest culprit. Larsson, Nani, and even Rooney do a similar thing but you wouldn't raise an eyelid because you're not obsessed with them. He gets kicked to bits as well, and people still moan about him hitting the ground when he takes a clear kick. As for the 'Negrito' thing, I'm not making out I know anything about the context of the term, but if it was clearly racist they surely would've sorted this all out by now wouldn't they? Expect a statement about 'cultural interpretation' and a 2/3 match ban.

For all those salivating over a 6 match ban too, just remember, 4 of those games: Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham, Man City (League Cup). I think I just might be able to cope with that. :lol:

I haven't criticised him for the handball at the World Cup, I acknowledge that I would have done the same in the situation. What is different is I don't lunge in to a two-footed, nearly snap the opposing players legs and then have the cheek to claim I'm injured. I haven't bitten an opposing player. These examples may be before he played for you, but he is still the same player.

Haha, you can write me off as deluded but you're equally deluded, just in the other sense. Why would Gus Poyet, someone raised in Uruguay, come out and say the term is acceptable in Uruguay if it isn't? The point is, all you're all doing is writing anything off in favour of it being in an innocent context, but are willing to believe literally anything condemning Suarez. If it was that easy, it wouldn't take the FA Panel as long as they have taken to make a decision.

Haha, you can write me off as deluded but you're equally deluded, just in the other sense. Why would Gus Poyet, someone raised in Uruguay, come out and say the term is acceptable in Uruguay if it isn't? The point is, all you're all doing is writing anything off in favour of it being in an innocent context, but are willing to believe literally anything condemning Suarez. If it was that easy, it wouldn't take the FA Panel as long as they have taken to make a decision.

We aren't in Uruguay, it doesn't matter. He must abide by the FA's rules and must abide by English Law for as long as he is in the country.

I agree, but I think that even though the FA will punish him, they're not going to give him some wild 15 game ban like people are hoping.

I don't understand it either, I mean why would a Uruguayan defend another Uruguayan? It just doesn't make sense.

Just because they're the same nationality it doesn't mean they have to defend each other. I'm English but I wouldn't jump out and lie to defend any English player if they'd done something blatantly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back