• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's amazing how everybody suddenly knows the intricacies of the word 'Negrito' in this case. None of us live in Latin America but yet people are still absolutely adamant that the context in which Suarez said it was racist. Obviously 'Negro' is racist over here, but people are making big assumptions that Suarez must have been racist. People seem to forget that Evra has accused Raymond Domenech, Steve Finnan and a Chelsea Steward of racism on different occasions and they've all been cleared. I don't think Suarez is entirely innocent, and he might have been pushing it, but in reality nobody but Suarez and Evra themselves know the context of what was said. There's a whole branch of sweets and drinks made by the company Bimbo under the brand name 'Negrito'.I doubt that an established brand would release a series of racist products like that.

Looking at it objectively, rather than through tinted glasses like the majority of you are, I think it's a case of no right and no wrong parties. I think Suarez will probably get a tap on the wrist to appease both sides.

If I called a lad "black" 10 times tomorrow in me Sunday League match...I'll be in A&E by 11:30am. FACTH.

He knows what he was doing, he's a rat of a player, there's plenty of evidence of him being a rat, and he's trying to use the "I dont speak dee lingo" to get off with it.

You cant defend the indefencable.

Have you lived in Latin America like you stated at the beginning? So how would you know about how that phrase can be used in context? Exactly, you don't but you're grasping at straws including referencing a sweet made in Mexico to show his innocence. That's one out of a whole host of reasons why you're deluded.

We're not talking about Duncan Ferguson, or Alex Ferguson, nor Nani or Ronaldo or any of the people you're trying to deflect this whole episode onto. We're talking about Luis Suarez. He's a very good footballer but his gamesmanship and diving detract from that. On top of that, he's a racist.

You need to choose your idols more carefully mate. And lose that huge red tinted blind spot you collectively embarrass yourself with, time after time.

I'm not taking that as concreted evidence though, in reality there's none. I'm just genuinely wondering, and maybe you could answer it, how something like that managed to be produced without any sort of uproar. If you can explain how, I'll take that on board. Also, I don't know why Poyet would lie, and nobody has came out to denounce him; surely there's another South American personality who'll say otherwise? I'm not deluding myself over Suarez, I just think that people are willing to go to any means to make him out as worse than he is, and even with all the 'delusional' shouts in the world, you've got to admit that, if Suarez played for Everton, you'd be trying your hardest to defend him - that's just how support works and I doubt you're above that (Duncan Ferguson being my example, not an attempt to fob it off).

Pienaar was caught drink driving, I wanted him to go to jail. Not everyone lets their football loyalties cloud their personal ethics. If you think that way you really need to have a word with yourself.

Wow, I think it's astonishing that you actually know what was going through his head during the incident! That's remarkable! Yet you have the audacity to say I'm deluded when I've acknowledged that nobody really knows the context whilst you have managed to convince yourself you know what he was thinking.

Let's be honest, it's all partisan anyway. You can call Suarez everything under the sun for biting, but 'Big Dunc' managed to strangle someone on a football pitch and serve a prison sentence for his behaviour but blind eyes have been turned to that. He isn't likeable, but the reason you don't like him isn't because of what he does, if he played for Fulham or Blackburn you wouldn't be so righteous, the reason you can't stand him is because he plays for Liverpool, he's a great player, and you can't tolerate that.

Ah, but no one ever defended his actions or tried to call a conspiracy against him or make up excuses. He was what he was.

Suarez is a rat. And no one at libberpoolfootballclub has presented anything that says other wise

Pienaar was caught drink driving, I wanted him to go to jail. Not everyone lets their football loyalties cloud their personal ethics. If you think that way you really need to have a word with yourself.

No, I'd think the same with Suarez, but clearly Suarez's case is defendable. That's been shown by how long the case has gone on. If something's defendable, you're going to defend it, so i think 'deluded' is a bit much.

I'm not taking that as concreted evidence though, in reality there's none. I'm just genuinely wondering, and maybe you could answer it, how something like that managed to be produced without any sort of uproar. If you can explain how, I'll take that on board. Also, I don't know why Poyet would lie, and nobody has came out to denounce him; surely there's another South American personality who'll say otherwise? I'm not deluding myself over Suarez, I just think that people are willing to go to any means to make him out as worse than he is, and even with all the 'delusional' shouts in the world, you've got to admit that, if Suarez played for Everton, you'd be trying your hardest to defend him - that's just how support works and I doubt you're above that (Duncan Ferguson being my example, not an attempt to fob it off).

Not really. Im pretty sure we'd just see what the outcome was rather than go on the press march and put up video clips at conferences like we look like the victims of a mass conspiracy.

Without sounding like a conceited [Poor language removed] (I'd fail like) I'd wager I have more friends from South America and Latin America than pretty much any other poster on here. I travelled and lived there for quite some time. I've spoke to four mates (off the top of my head) of which two of them are black Latin Americans and asked them about the use of the word. I'd heard it used in a derogatory way and wanted to clarify it. All four came back and said that used how Suarez used it was very offensive. None of them have anything against Liverpool so I'm taking it as a pretty good signal that it was used with racist intent.

If Suarez played for Everton I can assure you I wouldn't be defending him, but that's the difference. I'd love to have someone like that playing in royal blue for his football skills. On his day he's brilliant to watch. But I can't like the man because of all the other stuff. Ferguson acted like a prick many time on a pitch and got rightfully punished. You didn't have 90% of blues protesting his innocence. Many of actually fumed at him for missing important games through bans. But again, we're not talking about Duncan Ferguson so stop trying to deflect. Lets talk about Luis Suarez and his racist slurs.

In your sugar coated world, the might LF of C are defenders of the faith and everything that is good in this world. In your delusion you can't see that other fans aren't having a go at you as they're jealous, far from it they're a little disturbed by your collective behaviour.

It's mawkish and slightly creepy.

No, I'd think the same with Suarez, but clearly Suarez's case is defendable. That's been shown by how long the case has gone on. If something's defendable, you're going to defend it, so i think 'deluded' is a bit much.

Or it could be trying to come to a conclusion that doesnt put your club and the FA through the mud.

He'll get off without a ban but a massive fine for his "hand gesture". Probably a sly payoff to Evra to end it.

No one will mention the word "racism" because it doesnt happen in our football league.

Without sounding like a conceited [Poor language removed] (I'd fail like) I'd wager I have more friends from South America and Latin America than pretty much any other poster on here. I travelled and lived there for quite some time. I've spoke to four mates (off the top of my head) of which two of them are black Latin Americans and asked them about the use of the word. I'd heard it used in a derogatory way and wanted to clarify it. All four came back and said that used how Suarez used it was very offensive. None of them have anything against Liverpool so I'm taking it as a pretty good signal that it was used with racist intent.

If Suarez played for Everton I can assure you I wouldn't be defending him, but that's the difference. I'd love to have someone like that playing in royal blue for his football skills. On his day he's brilliant to watch. But I can't like the man because of all the other stuff. Ferguson acted like a prick many time on a pitch and got rightfully punished. You didn't have 90% of blues protesting his innocence. Many of actually fumed at him for missing important games through bans. But again, we're not talking about Duncan Ferguson so stop trying to deflect. Lets talk about Luis Suarez and his racist slurs.

In your sugar coated world, the might LF of C are defenders of the faith and everything that is good in this world. In your delusion you can't see that other fans aren't having a go at you as they're jealous, far from it they're a little disturbed by your collective behaviour.

It's mawkish and slightly creepy.

Firstly, thanks for putting words in my mouth. Secondly, you say that 'how Suarez used it' was very offensive. That's the point I'm making though, you don't know how he used it.

For example, the finger incident was clearly his fault entirely and was stupid and unprofessional. There's no way of getting around that.

Firstly, thanks for putting words in my mouth. Secondly, you say that 'how Suarez used it' was very offensive. That's the point I'm making though, you don't know how he used it.

1 - He doesn't know Evra informally, ie as a friend who he has any rapport with.

2 - He was arguing with him.

3 - Using the word negrito in that above scenario is very offensive.

The above are facts.

It's disturbing to see the vast majority of Liverpool fans backing him to the hilt in complete ignorance of the above facts. All because he plays for your team. Where's your moral compass mate?

You've also disregarded the fact that Evra has previous for this kind of thing - 3 separate incidents. Don't you think that anything Evra claims should be taken at least with a pinch of salt given his history? He was arguing with Evra, but I'd always assumed the argument had started over his use of the word, rather than him using it during an argument as an insult.

You've also disregarded the fact that Evra has previous for this kind of thing - 3 separate incidents. Don't you think that anything Evra claims should be taken at least with a pinch of salt given his history? He was arguing with Evra, but I'd always assumed the argument had started over his use of the word, rather than him using it during an argument as an insult.

You're grasping furiously at straws here. Trying desperately to deflect.

Suarez has said he used the word negrito. Please go and read the three facts I give you a short while ago.

It's an open and shut case, despite your toe curling protestations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back