• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Negro' or 'Negrito' is an acceptable (even affectionate) in Argentina and Uruguay. But it isn't used to refer to someone of African origin or roots rather to someone with Dark hair or a dark/ olive complexion. Ironically it would be a term someone would probably use to talk to Suarez himself. Ffs my wife has called me negro/negrito due to my dark hair (I used to get called Jimmy paleface in school so it's not my olive complexion). Now my dark hair is turning grey, she just calls me 'Old Bastid'.
I honestly don't know if Suarez is a racist. I know he's a snide, cheating cnut. And seeing how he gets away with so much snidey shiz on the pitch I hope he gets found guilty of this charge, guilty or not.

Point of order, m'lud. M'learned friend should know that the words coon, sambo and half chat are also terms of endearment in Uruguay...something the uncouth north and west Europeans are simply ignorant of. From this it can be gleaned that the word negrito is actually a compliment in Senor Suarez's part of the world.

'Negro' or 'Negrito' is an acceptable (even affectionate) in Argentina and Uruguay. But it isn't used to refer to someone of African origin or roots rather to someone with Dark hair or a dark/ olive complexion. Ironically it would be a term someone would probably use to talk to Suarez himself. Ffs my wife has called me negro/negrito due to my dark hair (I used to get called Jimmy paleface in school so it's not my olive complexion). Now my dark hair is turning grey, she just calls me 'Old Bastid'.
I honestly don't know if Suarez is a racist. I know he's a snide, cheating cnut. And seeing how he gets away with so much snidey shiz on the pitch I hope he gets found guilty of this charge, guilty or not.

So Liverpools argument is going to be that it is an affectionate term where he is from!? So we are to believe he was being nothing but nice towards Evra and nothing else!?

I just know they are going to get away with this as the FA will be way to scared to upset Kenny after he has made out there is a vendetta against his club. Suarez can get away with murder because it means something else in a different country so lets all kiss his arse shall we?

Gerrard hit the guy with a sly elbow when he wasn't looking and then his hangers on jumped in to look after him. A coward's trick. That dj would have "battered" Gerrard given the chance.

Correct. But 'Antonio' isn't complaining though...the feller whingeing about justice for the Klansman.

Other things he's not complaining about:

• getting let in the CL through the back door when not qualifying by right
  • not being fined by UEFA for causing a riot in Athens
  • owners of the club getting death threats
  • managers of the club being posted bullets

Correct. But 'Antonio' isn't complaining though...the feller whingeing about justice for the Klansman.

found out yesterday that they **** all over little fat sammy ,he watches everton everyweek now ,

• The pelting of Alan Smith's ambulance.
  • Ripping tons of seats from the Bullens Road.
  • Throwing red paint over the statue of the dead Dixie Dean.
  • Hundreds of tickets stolen from their own fans in Istanbul.
  • Banners openly using Heysel and the death of 39 innocent people to mock Everton fans (The Suarez dive derby)

Anyone got more? God I f*cking hate them.

First bullet point about the Champions League might piss you as an Everton fan off, but it's hardly outrageous is it? I think a similar thing happened with Real Madrid and Real Zaragoza a few years before and Zaragoza weren't even allowed to try to qualify. Everton still had the easier job but managed to blow it against Villarreal; no excuses there.

The bottom one I can't even remember, I probably wasn't even alive. And as for the second to bottom, I'm 99% sure that some idiot out there has sent a death threat to Kenwright because absolutely every club has idiots like that and Everton aren't immune from it. Similar thing for your other point: stop putting it down exclusively to Liverpool fans.

I'd be interested to hear Antonio's slant on the above things.

They were simply patting Alan Smith's ambulance as a show of support while throwing coins at him and it to help fund the operation required.

They were just ripping out broken seats in an attempt to alert Goodison ground staff which ones need replacing.

The red paint over Dixie Dean has been taken out of context, a rabid Norweigen day tripper thought it was a Bill Shankly statue.

The stolen tickets weren't stolen by Liverpuwl fans, it was those Italians lying again.

And the banner woz Chelsea.

First bullet point about the Champions League might piss you as an Everton fan off, but it's hardly outrageous is it? I think a similar thing happened with Real Madrid and Real Zaragoza a few years before and Zaragoza weren't even allowed to try to qualify. Everton still had the easier job but managed to blow it against Villarreal; no excuses there.

The bottom one I can't even remember, I probably wasn't even alive. And as for the second to bottom, I'm 99% sure that some idiot out there has sent a death threat to Kenwright because absolutely every club has idiots like that and Everton aren't immune from it. Similar thing for your other point: stop putting it down exclusively to Liverpool fans.

It was Chelsea ?

• The pelting of Alan Smith's ambulance.
  • Ripping tons of seats from the Bullens Road.
  • Throwing red paint over the statue of the dead Dixie Dean.
  • Hundreds of tickets stolen from their own fans in Istanbul.
  • Banners openly using Heysel and the death of 39 innocent people to mock Everton fans (The Suarez dive derby)

Anyone got more? God I f*cking hate them.

Again, I've not heard about the Dixie Dean statue one, but I'm not denying any of these things happened. It's a small, small tiny percentage of fans who do stuff like this and Liverpool aren't the only football club with complete tossers who don't deserve to watch the football. You're focusing exclusively on Liverpool because you're an Everton fan and naturally don't like them, which is fair enough, but even Everton have had their own moments of shame so to speak. I'm pretty sure you remember people throwing bananas at John Barnes, yet I wouldn't use that to make the assumption that all Everton fans are racists because it's the actions of a minority.

Sort of off topic but relevant, I really can't ****ing stand it when some Everton fans harp on about JFT39 and what not. I think that using the deaths of 39 people, regardless of how they died, is a pretty poor way of trying to make a point or win an argument. Nothing annoys me more than smug Everton fans doing that and taking the high ground when 1.) The person it's aimed at had nothing to do with Heysel, and 2.) it's none of Everton's business anyway.

So yeah, it's not as if Liverpool are the only club in world football with any sort of previous.

What about trying to prevent the ambulance to leave the ground after Alan Smith broke his leg
Or throwing sh1te at Utd fans
Or stealing tickets from your own fans

Are you f****** mental? Seriously, have you been eating Rockstars like they're Tic Tacs?

We got the eventual semi finalists back when they were boss, you shower got some no marks from Cyprus or Luxembourg or somewhere.

You need your head checking you yer maniac.

Again, I've not heard about the Dixie Dean statue one, but I'm not denying any of these things happened. It's a small, small tiny percentage of fans who do stuff like this and Liverpool aren't the only football club with complete tossers who don't deserve to watch the football. You're focusing exclusively on Liverpool because you're an Everton fan and naturally don't like them, which is fair enough, but even Everton have had their own moments of shame so to speak. I'm pretty sure you remember people throwing bananas at John Barnes, yet I wouldn't use that to make the assumption that all Everton fans are racists because it's the actions of a minority.

Sort of off topic but relevant, I really can't ****ing stand it when some Everton fans harp on about JFT39 and what not. I think that using the deaths of 39 people, regardless of how they died, is a pretty poor way of trying to make a point or win an argument. Nothing annoys me more than smug Everton fans doing that and taking the high ground when 1.) The person it's aimed at had nothing to do with Heysel, and 2.) it's none of Everton's business anyway.

So yeah, it's not as if Liverpool are the only club in world football with any sort of previous.

People bring up Heysel because you lot try and sweep it under the carpet as best as you can

Do you have a min silence every year for those murdered fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back