• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think it's astonishing that you actually know what was going through his head during the incident! That's remarkable! Yet you have the audacity to say I'm deluded when I've acknowledged that nobody really knows the context whilst you have managed to convince yourself you know what he was thinking.

Let's be honest, it's all partisan anyway. You can call Suarez everything under the sun for biting, but 'Big Dunc' managed to strangle someone on a football pitch and serve a prison sentence for his behaviour but blind eyes have been turned to that. He isn't likeable, but the reason you don't like him isn't because of what he does, if he played for Fulham or Blackburn you wouldn't be so righteous, the reason you can't stand him is because he plays for Liverpool, he's a great player, and you can't tolerate that.

Dunc was a thug, but he was our thug. We never tried to make out he was anything he wasn't.

Can't believe I missed this popcorn.

Worth a bookmark for the GOT Awards.

Fair play to that lad though. I reckon he'd be alright here even though he's a kopite.

It was nice of him to pop in, considering he plays for Valencia at right back after a superb stint at Liverpool featuring in 0 games with 0 goals.

Nice Spanish lad. English is outstanding. His understanding of satirical humour and sarcastic quips are second to none.

I reckon it was Chico arguing with one of his multis.

I haven't criticised him for the handball at the World Cup, I acknowledge that I would have done the same in the situation. What is different is I don't lunge in to a two-footed, nearly snap the opposing players legs and then have the cheek to claim I'm injured. I haven't bitten an opposing player. These examples may be before he played for you, but he is still the same player.

no we cannot look at that part of his game or the type of man he actually is because we would have rose tinted glasses on ,like i said in earlier post is he everything good about the english game and a good example i think not

Lolling at this Kopite apologist.

They all have years of experience in accumulating legal half truths and 'counterpoint' arguments to defend the indefensible actions of their players and supporters.

I imagine them to have documents they simply cut and paste from - just changing the names and events of the latest outrage they have to defend.

Haha, you can write me off as deluded but you're equally deluded, just in the other sense. Why would Gus Poyet, someone raised in Uruguay, come out and say the term is acceptable in Uruguay if it isn't? The point is, all you're all doing is writing anything off in favour of it being in an innocent context, but are willing to believe literally anything condemning Suarez. If it was that easy, it wouldn't take the FA Panel as long as they have taken to make a decision.
'Negro' or 'Negrito' is an acceptable (even affectionate) in Argentina and Uruguay. But it isn't used to refer to someone of African origin or roots rather to someone with Dark hair or a dark/ olive complexion. Ironically it would be a term someone would probably use to talk to Suarez himself. Ffs my wife has called me negro/negrito due to my dark hair (I used to get called Jimmy paleface in school so it's not my olive complexion). Now my dark hair is turning grey, she just calls me 'Old Bastid'.
I honestly don't know if Suarez is a racist. I know he's a snide, cheating cnut. And seeing how he gets away with so much snidey shiz on the pitch I hope he gets found guilty of this charge, guilty or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back