• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that the wheels could now fall off their season?

just having the CL places to go for is being argued as a "blessing in disguise" by some commentators, but I think it just piles more pressure on league performance.

For the first time this season they now have to deliver a top four position. That brings it's own set of difficulties.

By the way, imagine this lot in Europe next season and fighting on the domestic cup fronts till the latter stages like the teams above them are doing. They'd be massively found out.

BgnfCp8IMAA_WVi.jpg

just having the CL places to go for is being argued as a "blessing in disguise" by some commentators, but I think it just piles more pressure on league performance.

For the first time this season they now have to deliver a top four position. That brings it's own set of difficulties.

By the way, imagine this lot in Europe next season and fighting on the domestic cup fronts till the latter stages like the teams above them are doing. They'd be massively found out.

nope. they should have won. but united and spurs have europe and we have FA Cup.

they're the only top 4 challengers with that as their sole focus

Unless spurs win at the pit, there basically guaranteed class next season

The wheels could easily fall of next season though due to their small squad

As for the title, they don't win enough away games to come close

Unless spurs win at the pit, there basically guaranteed class next season

The wheels could easily fall of next season though due to their small squad

As for the title, they don't win enough away games to come close
That would be some turn around, you can't buy that and they don't have any at the moment

nope. they should have won. but united and spurs have europe and we have FA Cup.

they're the only top 4 challengers with that as their sole focus

Spurs aren't going to take the EL seriously I don't think. That'll be weakened teams until they get eliminated. I do believe we'll have a strong finish again. The players still here from the Moyes team will have that experience in them of ending the season strongly. We have players coming back in from long lay offs and will be rested for the long run in.

If we steer clear of injuries I reckon we can at least make inroads into that 5 point lead they have and then see if they can hold their nerve.

Spurs aren't going to take the EL seriously I don't think. That'll be weakened teams until they get eliminated. I do believe we'll have a strong finish again. The players still here from the Moyes team will have that experience in them of ending the season strongly. We have players coming back in from long lay offs and will be rested for the long run in.

If we steer clear of injuries I reckon we can at least make inroads into that 5 point lead they have and then see if they can hold their nerve.

i believe so to.

different spurs manager, so you never know.

Flopping around like you've just been shot kind of ruins your penalty shout, wouldn't you think?

My thoughts exactly, reminds me of Eto'o on him earlier in the season. If you react the way he did then the ref is of course thinking straight away that it was not a pen.

It looks unnatural and there should be some kind of official refereeing statement saying that if you act like that then we will not look to give a decision in favour of the fouled player.

Yes, it was a pen but just go down naturally ffs.

I just don't understand the mentality, one decision against them and they are up in arms completely forgetting the decisions that went for them, especially Gerrard not getting a red where it not only affects the game there and then but the next game where he is suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back