• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was round at mum's before and flicking through the Echo (only time I ever read it is when I'm at hers) and saw an article about YNWA the official history play. I don't post on here very often and I know I have a bee in my bonnet about this, but it got me annoyed again.
First, all the free publicity. A full page.
Second, the fact that idiots exist who even want to go and watch this
Third, the inevitable Stalinism that will take place. I wonder where Heysel gets mentioned in the "witty, modern take on LFC's history"?
Fourth, writer Nicky Allt walked in "on spec" to the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin (yeah, right!) and has managed to get a few nights there for his play, too. I wonder if that happened just after the Viet Cong's snooze fest at the Aviva last summer? I wonder if prominent Orangeman John Houlding will get a mention in the Dublin version?
Fifth, the fact that all of this winds me up.

Someone always drops like a stone after the Carling Cup final. Its normally Arsenal or Tottenham. Lets just hope this year its Liverpool. If you're looking for a bit of positivity, they've been playing really well, they've not had any injuries to their key attacking players, they've been getting the bounce of the ball and also the kind eye of the referees on penalty decisions. Despite all of this however they're still not top of the table. I don't think they can go up a level playing wise from where they are already. City meanwhile have had Aguero injured and have messed around in away games whilst Chelsea have also spluttered. Arsenal are apparently having a crisis month yet are level on points with them. I would be very surprised if Liverpool just continued to turn over everyone from now until the end of the season and these three sides didn't hit any patches of good form.

Someone always drops like a stone after the Carling Cup final. Its normally Arsenal or Tottenham. Lets just hope this year its Liverpool. If you're looking for a bit of positivity, they've been playing really well, they've not had any injuries to their key attacking players, they've been getting the bounce of the ball and also the kind eye of the referees on penalty decisions. Despite all of this however they're still not top of the table. I don't think they can go up a level playing wise from where they are already. City meanwhile have had Aguero injured and have messed around in away games whilst Chelsea have also spluttered. Arsenal are apparently having a crisis month yet are level on points with them. I would be very surprised if Liverpool just continued to turn over everyone from now until the end of the season and these three sides didn't hit any patches of good form.

Quite right mate. It's not happening. I said last week that they were nearer, points-wise, to overhauling the established pecking order at Christmas than they are right now. They'll finish handily, unfortunately, but make no mistake: this will be their best chance to make a charge for the title for years to come, because they wont handle the Europe/domestic workload at all well in future seasons. This season is basically a free shot at the title.

It's 24 years and counting. And when they dont get it this season it'll be at least another 4/5 seasons until they get another chance.

Quite right mate. It's not happening. I said last week that they were nearer, points-wise, to overhauling the established pecking order at Christmas than they are right now. They'll finish handily, unfortunately, but make no mistake: this will be their best chance to make a charge for the title for years to come, because they wont handle the Europe/domestic workload at all well in future seasons. This season is basically a free shot at the title.

It's 24 years and counting. And when they dont get it this season it'll be at least another 4/5 seasons until they get another chance.

Add to that the fact wenger aside the rest of the top 7 had managerial changes this year mate too besides for them, all in all they wont have a better shot for donkeys years and their still gonna come up short, with european games next year can see them having a hard job getting in the champs league again the following year, and thats if they keep rat face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back