• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried registering (same username, can't be arsed being someone else), wanted to inflict poll threads on them and inject some sense into their Everton thread. My account never got approved. Makes me think they do a search for new-usernames for any signs of bluedom before approving.

They screen passwords. I signed up once with the password, 'ourbastardoffspring' and wasn't approved. I chose somehitng more neutral and was approved.

I never posted and have even forgotten what username i chose. Just don't get why so many of them post here. Strange, strange breed of people.

They screen passwords. I signed up once with the password, 'ourbastardoffspring' and wasn't approved. I chose somehitng more neutral and was approved.

I never posted and have even forgotten what username i chose. Just don't get why so many of them post here. Strange, strange breed of people.

because their bitter and the irony of using such words towards us is lost on them

I registered on rawk once, a few years ago. Well, I started the process because I had a point to make to some idiot.

I think they let me on, from memory, but I don't think I ever actually posted.

I mean, what's the point?

OOPS.. IT MIGHT ALL BE IN VAIN..

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-financial-fair-play-50m-annual-loss-accounts

Liverpool announce annual loss of nearly £50m in new club accounts
• £49.8m lost before tax in figures to end of May 2013
• Club's ability to obey Uefa's financial fair play rules in doubt

Liverpool football club made a £50m loss in the 2012-13 financial year, according to the club's annual accounts. The figures, for the year to 31 May 2013, show that the club made an operating profit of £15m but were pushed into the heavy loss by the writing down of players' contracts, an accounting requirement, and a £13m loss on the sale of players.

The accounts pre-date the summer signings which included goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, £9m from Sunderland, and Mamadou Sakho, £18m from PSG, and the £15m sale of Andy Carroll to West Ham, for whom Liverpool paid £35m in the early months of ownership by the Boston-based Fenway Sports Group. The total net spending on these players in the last year to augment Brendan Rodgers's squad was £53m, the accounts state.

FSG in 2012-13 made a loan to Liverpool of £47m to repay a £38m loan taken out to develop stadium plans, and reduce bank debt by £9m. That was in addition to the £22m FSG had, net, loaned to ballast the club's finances since they took over from Tom Hicks and George Gillett in 2010, taking FSG's outstanding loans to Liverpool to £69m. The £200m the club owed to Royal Bank of Scotland at the time of the bitterly contested takeover was paid off by FSG effectively as the price of taking over the club.

The club's income showed a relatively modest increase to £206m in 2012-13 from the £169m reported for a ten month period in the last accounts to May 31 2011. That was mostly accounted for by significantly increased commercial income, risen from £64m to £98m due to sponsorship deals which are a priority for the managing director Ian Ayre under FSG's ownership. FSG have from the beginning of their ownership been focussed on the worldwide following Liverpool have, and intent on pursuing the international multiple sponsorships pioneered by Manchester United.

Liverpool's wage bill, £132m, was not excessive for the current financial size of the club, representing 64% of turnover, towards the upper end of what is generally considered healthy. Nor does that scale of pay, mostly to the players, put Liverpool in the top bracket of Premier League clubs. Manchester United, who won the title in Sir Alex Ferguson's final year, paid £181m in wages in 2012-13, while Manchester City's wage bill under the ownership of Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi was £233m, over £100m more than Liverpool's.

The highest paid director at Liverpool was paid a salary package of £1.035m; it is presumed to be Ian Ayre, as he is the only full-time director on the board of the club. The other directors are John Henry, Tom Werner and David Ginsberg, all of FSG, owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball franchise, and Michael Gordon, who founded the Vinik investment firm in Boston and is also a Red Sox board member.

Ayre praised FSG as "smart investors" who are continuing to invest in Liverpool, with their loans, "to realise the true value of their investment long term." He also said that with the much-improved performances on the pitch under Rodgers and increasing commercial income, the club is heading towards financial stability, although the 2012-13 figures show the deficit from not competing in the European Champions League.

"These results demonstrate that the financial health of the club continues to make good progress," Ayre told the Liverpool Echo. "We have taken a measured approach to bring back financial stability to this great club by ensuring it is properly structured on and off the pitch."

^ haha, so they've officially failed the UEFA FFP maximum loss permitted in the first 2 year monitoring period then. LMAO get writing to Platini lads :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back