• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get my head around RAWK's analysis. From the ignorant to the 'optimistic' to the deluded.

Third set of results with a £50m loss and they're jumping around like all their Christmases have come at once.

My favourite is probably the belief that FSG writing off the 'external' debt is some sort of gift. Why are they so 'different'?

Worth remembering here that FFP excludes money spent on infrastructure, training facilities, youth development and tax.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So for any club to fall foul of them they have to be pretty messed up.

Has Liverpool upgraded Melwood and does it even have youth development?
One thing to remember, in response to an earlier post saying big English clubs won't be UEFA's whipping boys, is that UEFA (read Platini) really doesn't like English clubs and I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see City and/or the Crimson Crap be made examples of.

I dont find it to be any coincidence at all the timing of both Liverpools and Citys investment into the female game. I wonder how much the set-up of these investments and infrastructures can actually cost.............

The reason why they aren't paying suarez more until next season is simple....

If they don't make champions league he will be sold and paid that at another club. Therefore he gets them in the champs league and as a reward gets rewarded with a champions league wage.

No, I get that. But surely if they were that serious, they would just pay him that wage for the 6 months to keep him happy, as if they never made it to the CL, he'd be gone anyway, regardless of wage.

Anyhoo, I was purposefully putting 2+2 together to get 300,000.

It's a joke really

Can't get my head around RAWK's analysis. From the ignorant to the 'optimistic' to the deluded.

Third set of results with a £50m loss and they're jumping around like all their Christmases have come at once.

My favourite is probably the belief that FSG writing off the 'external' debt is some sort of gift. Why are they so 'different'?

I don't think the results are great. But one interpretation could be, debt has remained stable, despite spending a f**kton more on transfers again and they have a nice fat increase in tv income to come, plus potential champions league money and increased sponsorship. It's not a great picture but it's not as bad as a headline 50 million loss. As with most accounts these are now desperately out of date. Not sure they tell us anything new other than that have been spending beyond their means.

I don't think the results are great. But one interpretation could be, debt has remained stable, despite spending a f**kton more on transfers again and they have a nice fat increase in tv income to come, plus potential champions league money and increased sponsorship. It's not a great picture but it's not as bad as a headline 50 million loss. As with most accounts these are now desperately out of date. Not sure they tell us anything new other than that have been spending beyond their means.

The problem for them is they can't sustain £50m losses to continue competing with the real big spenders. For them to consistently finish in the top 4 it would take fantastic management both on and off the pitch with very little room for error.

If the £50m was a one off then I'd say it wouldn't be too much to worry about, but they've been consistently making a loss at that rate for three years, in fact the last time they made a profit was 6 years ago. And for all the celebrations over inter-group loan it still means that their debt has increased substantially - from 92m to 117m, so not that stable.

They don't even make enough to cover the interest on their debts. They can talk about the new tv deal and cl football to console themselves but we all know that all increased revenues do is create inflationary pressure on wages. They also have to invest massively if they want to remain merely competitive next year.

And they still haven't got a new stadium.

These results are bad news and anybody pretending otherwise is seeing something that i'm not.

So basically all that money that Hicks and Gillet wasted on players they couldnt afford to have a go at the league is going to be hidden under infrastructute developments as though it was all for their aborted stadium. LFC will never be nailed by FFP because it is in no ones inteterests, not uefas, not the prems, and certainly not Liverpools. Any loophole or technicality will be gladly exploited so that they can just keep paying top wages, wasting 100s of millions they havent got and whine about how poor they are without any sanction

TBF there are worse offenders than the RS

City/PSG must be a worse example surely

I don't think you'll get much dissent on that particular point. Platini made all these promises before two French clubs and Juventus looked like falling foul of the regulations though.

Yep, absolutely nothing will come of this, some very wishful thinking here. Anyone who thinks a club like Liverpool or City would leave themselves in such a position is completely deluded.

Have they not recently signed 4 or 5 big new sponsorship deals recently too? Plus the £30+ million they'll get for CL, has come at a perfect time for them it seems. Typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back