• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The club increased turnover by nine per cent to £206.1m while external debt fell to £45.1m thanks to a loan from owners Fenway Sports Group."

How can a debt fall by taking a loan? Anyone know?

The money goes into the business and pays off the old loan (which, with interest, was costing a fair deal and would have been affecting the gearing). The new debt is shown (at least initially) as Cash into the business - aiding the liquidity of the business and the opposite entry is Directors' Loan Accounts - the reason this is more favourable is the strong probability that the Directors will not call in the loan (whereas a commercial lender can and very often does) and it is, obviously, internal (Long Term - as opposed to the critical Short Term ) debt.

Can't get my head around RAWK's analysis. From the ignorant to the 'optimistic' to the deluded.

Third set of results with a £50m loss and they're jumping around like all their Christmases have come at once.

My favourite is probably the belief that FSG writing off the 'external' debt is some sort of gift. Why are they so 'different'?
Writing off a debt is not likely to be viewed favourably - it's not exactly an honest way to create a profit - it would not have arisen from normal day to day activities of the business but rather as a means to prop up the business by enhancing the balance sheet artificially. All clubs in the top 2 and very probably top 3 divisions in England will be far too big to avoid a full audit of their accounts.

So basically all that money that Hicks and Gillet wasted on players they couldnt afford to have a go at the league is going to be hidden under infrastructute developments as though it was all for their aborted stadium. LFC will never be nailed by FFP because it is in no ones inteterests, not uefas, not the prems, and certainly not Liverpools. Any loophole or technicality will be gladly exploited so that they can just keep paying top wages, wasting 100s of millions they havent got and whine about how poor they are without any sanction

It's going to be very hard to mask an awful lot of their expenditure - wages for example are an open secret - one they share with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (albeit there are some loopholes arising from the employment of footballers who might be registered as limited companies) and declarations to that effect have to be signed.

Lads, on a completely unrelated note, I've just stumbled across this. For some reason it's in my recommended videos on Youtube

"Liverpool's new approach"

lol+meme.gif

He's gone.

He'll be with Los Blancos next season.

Liverpool are 2nd in the league, 6 points plus vastly-superior goal-difference to 5th, and are the form team of the last 2 months.

They're qualifying for the Champs League, nailed on. They're keeping Suarez too.

Luis Suarez is not a top player but i am the only person who does not see that. Granted he is very talented and scores good goals but here are the reasons why he isn't worth what the Kopites think he is worth.

1. Only seems to score against much weaker teams. Struggles against any decent side.

2. Is a liability, banned for biting and racism every season, he is one silly idea away from a long ban again.

3. He is a liability 2, When you are playing in the big games, you don't get bang on penalties because he decides they are the games he turns his theatrics up. How would have city and Chelsea gone if he hadn't done that? How many points are lost that way?

4. Poor for image rights. Sticking him as face of your club in theory supports racism as he has been guilty and banned for it.

Luis Suarez is not a top player but i am the only person who does not see that. Granted he is very talented and scores good goals but here are the reasons why he isn't worth what the Kopites think he is worth.

1. Only seems to score against much weaker teams. Struggles against any decent side.

2. Is a liability, banned for biting and racism every season, he is one silly idea away from a long ban again.

3. He is a liability 2, When you are playing in the big games, you don't get bang on penalties because he decides they are the games he turns his theatrics up. How would have city and Chelsea gone if he hadn't done that? How many points are lost that way?

4. Poor for image rights. Sticking him as face of your club in theory supports racism as he has been guilty and banned for it.

Apart from us, like!

Take your point though. It does seem he has quiet games against elite teams in the PL. I'd like to know what the stats are in terms of goals per game played against Chelsea/Arsenal/City/United and goals per game against the other 15 PL teams. I'd expect it to be significant in difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back