• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had sold him and bought someone else then that player could be the one that wins them the big trophies.

Ifs and buts by all means, i am just saying he is not a top player because he is a liability when it really matters. Ronaldo or Messi dont have a good game then they dont have a good game. they never cost their team a result though either and that is the difference.

It matters in every single game, how the hell can a player who leads the goals and assists charts be a liability? Give up mate, ffs. He scored against pretty much all the big clubs last season from what I remember. He is in the top 3/4 strikers in the world. No doubt.

be interesting if another summer goes by without a genuine top club looking at him, theres no doubt he's the form striker in the prem this season though, ability wise he is probably the number one player you'd want in your team, but with him being Hitler in shorts that puts me off, does it put the likes of barca, madrid, psg and munich off? Well they aren't hammering the rs's door down to get him

be interesting if another summer goes by without a genuine top club looking at him, theres no doubt he's the form striker in the prem this season though, ability wise he is probably the number one player you'd want in your team, but with him being Hitler in shorts that puts me off, does it put the likes of barca, madrid, psg and munich off? Well they aren't hammering the rs's door down to get him
I think it was only the fact that Madrid had Bale in their sights & Barca took Neymar that stopped him being coveted last summer. It'll be interesting to see what his buyout clause price is though, as I'm certain he'll have one & equally certain that this time it'll be a water tight clause

I think it was only the fact that Madrid had Bale in their sights & Barca took Neymar that stopped him being coveted last summer. It'll be interesting to see what his buyout clause price is though, as I'm certain he'll have one & equally certain that this time it'll be a water tight clause
It will be an interesting summer in that regard, you'd have thought there would be some resentment on Suarez's part over that affair, justified or not

The reason why no top clubs have looked at him is because the price they would clearly have to pay they need him to be mr marketable! you can't do that with someone who has spent the season banned for a significant length of time for something that would affect their public image. As we are all well aware the kopites love all the negative publicity as it means they can call victim and gloat when they have done something 10 years ago and another team last week couldn't. But Real and the like can't afford to do that.

we have all learned in football that people have very short memories (Terry, Giggs) so it is at all possible the lack of genuine negative publicity will help his move to a respectable club now they can stick him on a billboard.

But i genuinely think he will stay now they have champions league football next season. If by some divine miracle they drop out the top 4 this season then he will be off before the plane returns from Brazil.

Fair point @davek, although I can't imagine his 0 ratio staying the same if he had Silva, Toure, Oscar etc around him rather than Henderson and Sterling.

The role of flat track bully is underrated IMO anyway - it's an almost guarantee of winning the games you should.

I'm bowing out of this thread for now anyway. I'm not gonna sit here any longer and praise the best player of our rivals just coz some can't see how good he is.
Sometimes, some blues are as desperate to disprove the abilities of RS players almost as much as the RS fans try to prove the same players are of world class calibre.

Suarez career stats while in England against the four teams mentioned:

(Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal)

2013-14 – 23 goals, 0 against the four named teams. (Four matches).

2012-13 – 30 goals, 4 against the four named teams.(Eight matches).

2011-12 – 17 goals, 2 against the four named teams.(Eight matches).

2010-11 – 4 goals, 0 against the four named teams. (Three matches).

6 goals in 23 games against the elite = 0.26 goals per game.

Suarez career stats while in England against the four teams mentioned:

(Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal)

2013-14 – 23 goals, 0 against the four named teams. (Four matches).

2012-13 – 30 goals, 4 against the four named teams.(Eight matches).

2011-12 – 17 goals, 2 against the four named teams.(Eight matches).

2010-11 – 4 goals, 0 against the four named teams. (Three matches).

6 goals in 23 games against the elite = 0.26 goals per game.

To prove my point earlier.

Compare that to how many goals ronaldo, messi ibrahimovic to name a few have scored against the equivalent games in their leagues?

To prove my point earlier.

Compare that to how many goals ronaldo, messi ibrahimovic to name a few have scored against the equivalent games in their leagues?

Yep.

To be honest, I can see the both arguments: yours, that Suarez doesn't turn up on the big games (or at least doesn't score); and graeme's that knocking umpteen past the lesser lights is the more productive.

They're laughing at my post: 'We play in the opposition half and boss other teams,. We're Everton, it's what we do'.

Tbh, I regret posting that. It's like something they'd say and put on bed sheets for a banner.

I liked it Dave.

Yep.

To be honest, I can see the both arguments: yours, that Suarez doesn't turn up on the big games (or at least doesn't score); and graeme's that knocking umpteen past the lesser lights is the more productive.

I'm personally not doubting the guy is good because he is. I am trying to argue he is not a top player because he is a liability in the games that you need him the most. Ronaldo and Messi are examples of a top player. Top as in world class.

If he such a top player, how can he score for fun against, for example the norwich defence and Ruddy, but struggle so badly against Chelsea/City/Cardiff (LCF)/United.

The only decent team he has really scored against was us and i'm happy to hold my hand up to the free kick this year being a very good goal. Previous years i have no complaints about his goals against us. But to be a top player you need to be a winner and apparently if things arent going his way, he bites someone in fustration.

but i forget he is rivalling messi as a world class talent.

They're laughing at my post: 'We play in the opposition half and boss other teams,. We're Everton, it's what we do'.

Tbh, I regret posting that. It's like something they'd say and put on bed sheets for a banner.
You're a celeb now mate.

The official poster boy of us 'Bitters'.

I'm bitter and proud, so sniff that rawk, you plastic armchair belters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back