• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can remember when people used to say Ronaldo wasn't a top player because he didn't do it in big games therefore Suarez isn't.

that's the key thing there, used to. suarez is 26/27? and i'm still asking those questions and not getting the answers. i'm not saying suarez isn't a top player not that he ever will be world class. i'm just pointing out the facts that i find it laughable he's being quoted as being worth £85m-£100m and targeted by the biggest team in the world.

you get it in every sport, e.g. plenty of cricketers have amazing first class batting averages, make the step up to internationals and look lost i.e. ramprakash, bopara etc. people don't label them as the very best in the world because of that, similar with suarez being laughably compared to ronaldo, saying he's bets striker in the world etc.

@toffeejack Suarez was also the top goal scorer in probably the toughest qualifying group. He's a top player make no mistake no matter how much of a melt he is.

@toffeejack Suarez was also the top goal scorer in probably the toughest qualifying group. He's a top player make no mistake no matter how much of a melt he is.

you say it's tough by looking at the calibre of teams, let's be honest, south americans have never been known for their great defensive qualities. not sure it's tough in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back