• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, i am the eternal optimist as much as anyone but we aren't catching them this season. they are 11 points ahead, i.e 4 games (12 points).

For us to catch them they will need to stop winning games and we would have to win those 4 more than them this year. With 11 to play then that leaves a small margin to achieve that in.

We can dream but realistically catching them went after White Hart Lane.

This sadly

I'm all for hope, but this would be false hope. 5th, maybe, if all goes well, but top 4 is beyond us now IMO

Just need to try and win every game we play and hope for the best

Posts in this vein are not welcome
Why? We can easily finish above them. Our next 2 games are easy home bankers while they have United away and Cardiff away, easy points dropped there and the gap potentially cut to 5 points with a game in hand (another easy win against Palace).

Also we have a better team than them, apart from Suarez who would get in our team? Mignolet makes a howler in almost every match, their defence is just plain awful-would have all of our back four over theirs. Midfield is rubbish and all they do is hoof it up to the cheat and Dean Sturridge's Nephew. Thinking about it it really is unbelievable that they are ahead of us... so much luck and so many benefits from referees... 8 penalties they have had and God knows how many lucky deflections and set piece goals.

Imagine if we had their striker(s)... we would walk the league with a record points total.

I'm not one for calling members of an everton site, kopites, but....

just [Poor language removed] back to your rawk cesspit of a forum. you're not even subtle, you bad blert.

Pretty sure the Sturridge who's scored 20+ goals this season already might have a shot at getting in our first team. Mignolet is a good keeper who you could make a strong case for. Howard has been great this season like and there's not much to choose. Agger's another one.

Other than that though, I'll admit, you'd struggle to find space for others. That's why their front two are crucial for them.
Ahead of Lukaku...? Sorry I completely disagree. Not sure about Agger wasn't he dropped for Kolo Toure? Cant be that good... Saying that Sakho looks a top player mind.
Look, i am the eternal optimist as much as anyone but we aren't catching them this season. they are 11 points ahead, i.e 4 games (12 points).

For us to catch them they will need to stop winning games and we would have to win those 4 more than them this year. With 11 to play then that leaves a small margin to achieve that in.

We can dream but realistically catching them went after White Hart Lane.
We have a game in hand pal... so that's 8 points while they have United away and Spurs at home coming up, we can cut that down very quickly and let's not forget the 2 beatings they're going to get from City and Chelsea, if we can be a few points behind just before those we can catch them for sure.

Ahead of Lukaku...? Sorry I completely disagree. Not sure about Agger wasn't he dropped for Kolo Toure? Cant be that good... Saying that Sakho looks a top player mind. We have a game in hand pal... so that's 8 points while they have United away and Spurs at home coming up, we can but that down very quickly and let's not forget the 2 beatings they're going to get from City and Chelsea, if we can be a few points behind just before those we can catch them for sure.

Optimism at its finest. to be honest i will think like this as well for the rest of the season, hoping we win and then hoping they lose every week. Maybe if we can close the gap to 5 points before May then we can start to raise expectations but as far as i am concerned if they finish above us so be it.

Said the other week the team that will finish top 4 will win at least 10 of their remaining games, and we are lagging behind spurs and kopites in that regard. I would settle for 6th and an F.A cup as im sure a lot of others here would.

but our manager wants to aim higher so lets all get behind him and tell them lot there's only one way down :)

Why? We can easily finish above them. Our next 2 games are easy home bankers while they have United away and Cardiff away, easy points dropped there and the gap potentially cut to 5 points with a game in hand (another easy win against Palace).

Also we have a better team than them, apart from Suarez who would get in our team? Mignolet makes a howler in almost every match, their defence is just plain awful-would have all of our back four over theirs. Midfield is rubbish and all they do is hoof it up to the cheat and Dean Sturridge's Nephew. Thinking about it it really is unbelievable that they are ahead of us... so much luck and so many benefits from referees... 8 penalties they have had and God knows how many lucky deflections and set piece goals.

Imagine if we had their striker(s)... we would walk the league with a record points total.
Wow if ever a post showed a supposed Blue hates Liverpool more than he loves Everton this is it. Seriously how can you want a result that has a negative effect on Evertons chances of Europe.
Hahaha. Yes they are basically a conference team that have fluked a boss history.

the three of you are liverpool fans pretending to be everton fans on an everton message board because your pride is hurt at the everton fans calling you out on looking silly. you are fooling no one and making yourself look silly. none of you are from merseyside. quit it bozos or i strike you down.

Am I the only one increasingly puzzled whether this is an Everton forum rather than a Liverpool forum?

You wouldn't mind, but the Kopite wind ups are so obvious it's laughable.

Anything approaching a claim that Suarez isn't as good as Naismith or even Mirallas = Kopite. Anyone going well OTT about Liverpool being rubbish = Kopite.

They then run off to their own midden and post up the responses they get....which is apparently hilarious because...erm... "der bitters lad, dont know we're doing it to dem, lad...deev got no idea, lad, der tick lad...it's...erm...boss, lad."

*sigh*

the three of you are liverpool fans pretending to be everton fans on an everton message board because your pride is hurt at the everton fans calling you out on looking silly. you are fooling no one and making yourself look silly. none of you are from merseyside. quit it bozos or i strike you down.
Haha Davek sure has some groupies on here.

Haha Davek sure has some groupies on here.

you dont like him because he is right about you every time and deep inside you know it. that is what brought you here. the moral injustice which you thrive on so so much. except for 1985 type of justice.
i support neither blue or red so am well placed to call you out. so i called you out and your weak mind cannot contest it. your little game did not even get going because you and your type are too easy to spot. you are insecure freaks. that is how they spot you so easy. that is why you support liverpool. that is why you have been bullied all your pathetic little life and try to find something to blame.

you dont like him because he is right about you every time and deep inside you know it. that is what brought you here. the moral injustice which you thrive on so so much. except for 1985 type of justice.
i support neither blue or red so am well placed to call you out. so i called you out and your weak mind cannot contest it. your little game did not even get going because you and your type are too easy to spot. you are insecure freaks. that is how they spot you so easy. that is why you support liverpool. that is why you have been bullied all your pathetic little life and try to find something to blame.
Wow you're weird and why you on an Everton board if not red or blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back