• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast: Suarez and the handball penalty award with Mata and the equally accidental Johnson handball - Mata looked for all the world like a man appealing for a corner (which they got). Suarez left no one in any doubt the opponent had handled the ball (who knows what he would have got away with if it wasn't a handball!?)
Equally accidental? Brendan?

You =

A1ZUWqvCQAAYPgR.jpg:large
How did you get hold of my Facebook profile pic?

I hope people don't actually believe the FA/referees are 'doing Liverpool a favour or 2' so to speak. Take your overly blue tinted specs off guys.

You know....I would've said the same a few months back but it's got more and more prominent the past few weeks.

Coincidentally around the time it became very apparent that the expected United resurgence into top 4 wasn't going to happen.

The FA need one of the two in the champions league, it's good for business (tv) and English football as a whole, and United are clearly not doing it, so I wouldn't be at all surprised....

Probably not getting meself across all that well. If you have to dive over a player to get to the ball, it's a foul. That's as simple as I can put it.

Its not actually. Its not quite as black and white as that. If you can not reasonably avoid contact with the opposition, then it is a foul. Otherwise, every challenge that is thrown in would end up being a foul.

The issue is, that Sturridge had actually cleared Vidic, and had his final touch of been betterm would likely of got the ball. It wasn't though, so he went down.

He's not the only one who's done it, not by any stretch, but Liverpool have been doing it since the days of Dagliesh.

Last edited:
Quick glance admittedly of RAWK and i think they have summed themselves up there.

Is it wrong to call a little kid a snivelling gobshite?

is it too late to say that kid is davek? @davek

[Poor language removed] bitter little [Poor language removed] that one, you can actually see the bitterness building up in him there, God help him when he reaches grown up bitterness age.

which was all preceded by
Their bitterness is so unreal, they seem to emanate from some tragic comedy club whose life mission is to find any obscure reason that they think makes them better than us.

Pathetic and hilarious in equal measure. They can't possibly be for real with the things they say

[Poor language removed] pathetic. slagging kids off now? really mature eh? More than one kid slagged off recently in the thread. I know i am guilty of doing what they normally do, quoting their site but these are grown men slagging kids off on their site just because they are an evertonian?
you know what, that is [Poor language removed] embarrassing by anybody's standards.

They get more pens, because they have 4 attackers that are fast and love to run at the last man....

Its simple probability.

And none of their attackers seem to have qualms about going down easily.

It'd be like if we had 4 Pienaar's in the box at all times. And if ref's would actually call a pen for us.

Andy Johnson loved a dive, as did Arteta.

We just cant afford these fast attacking types, we end up with Naismiths & Ossy jogging at them!!

Andy Johnson loved a dive, as did Arteta.

We just cant afford these fast attacking types, we end up with Naismiths & Ossy jogging at them!!
I wasn't saying we don't dive, I'm saying they have 4 attackers in the box running at people and throwing themselves on the floor. That wins pens. We don't have 4 players in the box, ever, and the ones that do get up there tend to stay on their feet, for better or worse.

Haven't seen Lukaku dive too much this year, for example. Or Del/Kev. Ross does, but not in the box that often.

Pienaar and Ossie don't get into the box that much. Coleman doesn't get pens even when they're clear as day, same for Baines.

Liverpool should have had 5 penalties.

They do dive, but they didn't need to Sunday, all pens.

Kev & Gerry and even McGeady dont get in the box enough, for us to even get pens at the moment.

Baines has dived a bit too.

As I said, simple probability, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back