• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres only actually 2 members on this site, the rest of us are made up of chico and bungles multis, with a smattering of rogue kopites
I'm actually being kept in suspended animation by the robots on here so they can harvest my energy as a fuel in their war against the humans. Took the blue pill, saw the future of humanity and now im just depressed.

I watched their game last night in a pub in the centre of Hull. Sitting around me there were about 30 people who were working in Hull from Carlisle, Derby, Swindon, Devon and Boston. Most supported their local teams Plymouth, Derby, Swindon, Carlisle, Villa with the odd Manu and the solitary RS fan from Boston. When they scored he was the only one that cheered all the rest groaned. By far the biggest moans and groans were for Suarez, Sturridge and Johnson diving/falling over when slightly touched. I asked who they wanted to win the league and the vast majority were for City, some weren't bothered but said City and a couple said Mourinho. Only the RS and 2 others wanted Liverpool. One thing that stood out was the dislike of Liverpool players diving particularly around the area, 'so that they can get a free kick and Gerrard or Suarez will score'. When they got the free kick and scored, one bloke said to his RS mate, 'see told you that would happen'.

They can't stand it that Moyes called us the 'People's Club', it has annoyed them ever since. Hence the PR Johnson's 'we will be the people's champions'. They are not the neutrals favourite and no amount of hanging around clubs interviewing fans until they get the 'I want Liverpool to win the Prem' response will change that.

When the bubble bursts finally against Chelsea or City - they will be devastated as I can't see them getting a better chance for another 25 years.....

suppose this will be one disaster they can genuinely blame Chelsea for.

When the bubble bursts finally against Chelsea or City - they will be devastated as I can't see them getting a better chance for another 25 years.....

suppose this will be one disaster they can genuinely blame Chelsea for.

Fail to win the title and Suarez will be off, Gerrard a year older and brendan will have to rethink his tactics.

I remember in the late 90's their was a season where they played Manchester United at anfield late on in the season. Most of their fans were convinced they would win that and go on to win the league. Guess what happened, they got battered 3-1.

Let's hope history repeats itself

Fail to win the title and Suarez will be off, Gerrard a year older and brendan will have to rethink his tactics.

I remember in the late 90's their was a season where they played Manchester United at anfield late on in the season. Most of their fans were convinced they would win that and go on to win the league. Guess what happened, they got battered 3-1.

Let's hope history repeats itself

They have rode their luck this season - lack of injuries to their key players is uncanny - relying totally on a potent attack can't last forever - champions league fixtures next season - other big teams in transition - they know this their sycophantic media know this... remind me a lot of keegan's mid 90's Newcastle - they blew it and that was it.

They have rode their luck this season - lack of injuries to their key players is uncanny - relying totally on a potent attack can't last forever - champions league fixtures next season - other big teams in transition - they know this their sycophantic media know this... remind me a lot of keegan's mid 90's Newcastle - they blew it and that was it.

Yeah I'd agree with you about Keegan's newcastle their also very similar to the Roy Evans side with Fowler and dogger up front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back