Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhaha did u even see the game....the linesman flagged for a foul, which is the reason the referee came to him. Plus that decision has already been universally panned so no point in further fruitless discussions

Watched the game after going to see us. The assistant flagged, but he never had a certain flag that said it was a foul by West Ham. Like I put it could have been a foul by a Liverpool player and therefore a penalty. No one knows what they were talking about as the conversation hasn't been released, unless LFC have special dispensation on all conversations between assistants and refs. And by 'universally panned' you mean it was started by the RS dominated sports media that Mourinho was talking about.

What luck mate?
already put it a couple pages back.

Basically, managers all above them changing, some (not all) of their penalty decisions, players clicking instantly, suarez not actually getting injured, united not being in the title picture for the first time in 22 years......

All together it is luck that they have all happened at the sme time.

Watched the game after going to see us. The assistant flagged, but he never had a certain flag that said it was a foul by West Ham. Like I put it could have been a foul by a Liverpool player and therefore a penalty. No one knows what they were talking about as the conversation hasn't been released, unless LFC have special dispensation on all conversations between assistants and refs. And by 'universally panned' you mean it was started by the RS dominated sports media that Mourinho was talking about.
Again why the hell would the assistant flag for a penalty when West Ham had already capitalised and scored their goal? And please stop with this RS dominated media nonsense.... LFC aren't bribing the media you know

Yes they've ridden their luck at times and had more penalties than an abandoned car in a disabled spot, whilst getting away with murder at the other end with Skrtel's all in wrestling, but they're top of the league because they've scored more goals than anyone else and amassed more points than anyone else.

To say they don't deserve to be top would be churlish.

Still hope City and Chelsea smash them mind.

Again why the hell would the assistant flag for a penalty when West Ham had already capitalised and scored their goal? And please stop with this RS dominated media nonsense.... LFC aren't bribing the media you know
It goes a bit far - West Ham's goal clearly should not have stood.

But, seriously? No RS dominated media? Honestly? How many ex-Liverpool players are pundits in British media? Compare it to any other team.

Liverpool certainly deserve to be near the top of the table - they score loads of goals, and are showing up against pretty much everyone. But to pretend that the media isn't even a little bit biased to LFC is ignoring the obvious.

Before Carroll made contact with Mingolet, he was pushed by Skrtl, the assistant could have been raising his flag to inform the referee. No one knows what the conversation was. But the RS dominated media immediately launched a witch hunt against Taylor and as a result got him to sit out this weekend. There was no such with hunt against Clattenberg when he didn't see a blatant dive by Sturridge at OT. But there was a witch hunt against Webb after the Chelsea and Arsenal games and against Mason after the City game, all started by the RS dominated media.

already put it a couple pages back.

Basically, managers all above them changing, some (not all) of their penalty decisions, players clicking instantly, suarez not actually getting injured, united not being in the title picture for the first time in 22 years......

All together it is luck that they have all happened at the sme time.

Managers changing - Chelsea brought back Jose who was there previously so hardly a new man at the club, Pellegrini has taken over a side with a vast amount of talent and added to it by spending another 100m, Utd I will give you as Moyes looks out of his depth

Pens - Some have been dodgy but most have been justified, They could have had more if you were to be honest, I think they get so many because they attack so quickly bursting into the box

Injuries - Ok Suarez was not injured but was missing for the first 6 games, Sturridge was also out for a spell I think, They also had a lot of there back 4 out at one point

You do not sit at the top of the league with 5 games to go, score 90 goals and lose only 5 games through luck

Managers changing - Chelsea brought back Jose who was there previously so hardly a new man at the club, Pellegrini has taken over a side with a vast amount of talent and added to it by spending another 100m, Utd I will give you as Moyes looks out of his depth

Pens - Some have been dodgy but most have been justified, They could have had more if you were to be honest, I think they get so many because they attack so quickly bursting into the box

Injuries - Ok Suarez was not injured but was missing for the first 6 games, Sturridge was also out for a spell I think, They also had a lot of there back 4 out at one point

You do not sit at the top of the league with 5 games to go, score 90 goals and lose only 5 games through luck
To be fair i did say for as much as they deserve to be....

Atht eend of the day the best team in the league wins it every year. If it is them lot so be it, it was bound to happen eventually.

One thing baout the managers you put, mourinhio had a completely different squad from the last time he was there, therefore not quite the same. Its a bit like kendall coming back the third time, why didnt we win the league?

Would liverpool be top of the league if united were under ferguson? Probably not.

Would liverpool have won so many games without suarez fit? Probably not

Would liverpool even be in the top 4 if the clubs from last season were dropped into this? Probably not.

we wouldnt be where we are either but thats not the point

Seems like the 'great' England captain and 'role model' has had a Pinocchio moment and been caught out telling porkies.

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has hit back at Steven Gerrard’s claims that the London club attempted to disrupt Liverpool’s preparations before Sunday’s defeat at Upton Park.

In a controversial game, the Liverpool captain scored two penalties to secure a hard-fought 2-1 victory over the Hammers, and Gerrard said yesterday that his side got “more than we expected” during the trip to East London.

"We knew what to expect and we got a bit more than we expected - a hot dressing room, a dry pitch and the bus had to park a mile away," Gerrard said.

"I think they tried everything to upset us. It was a good test of our character. We needed to prove that we're capable of fighting for this title and we did that terrifically well."

However, these comments provoked a response from Gold, who tweeted today: "Mr Gerrard nobody force your bus driver to park a mile away from the ground, it was his choice. If the heating is too warm, turn it down. dg"

A statement on West Ham’s official website seemed to further dispel Gerrard’s claims, adding: "Following the game, Reds captain Steven Gerrard light-heartedly claimed he and his team-mates had to walk 'a mile' to reach the stadium. However, the unusual parking location is estimated to have added around 20 metres to the usual walk from the coach door to the Players' entrance.

"Once the Liverpool players and staff had safely disembarked, the coach was moved into the Players' Car Park, where it remained before collecting them after the game.

"Another suggestion was that the visitors were housed in a 'hot' dressing room, which caused some bemusement as West Ham staff received no complaint about the temperature from the visitors. Of course, West Ham staff would have been happy to turn up the air conditioning at our opponents' request.

"Finally, the consistent overnight rain that fell on the Boleyn Ground on Saturday meant that the 'dry' playing surface might have been a little wetter than was suggested.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Couldn't have put it better myself

Listen mate, We hate you, You hate us, Thats the way it should be, I just think to try and put your season down to luck is incredibly daft

If it was any other team at the top we would be praising them

Since Suarez was tackled by Ox in the FA Cup, they have received every single 50/50 and stonewall penalty call. My point is, that if every team in the league was awarded a penalty every time this happened, there would be about 5 penalties a game.

They are puzzlingly lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back